How to take Super Slow-mo videos on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?
• What is Super Slow-mo?
• How to take Super Slow-mo videos on Galaxy S9/S9+?
• How to edit Super Slow-mo videos?
• Super Slow-mo in Auto mode
• Special Editing features
What is Super Slow-mo?
Super Slow-mo is a new camera feature added to the Galaxy S9/S9+ that allows you to capture high-speed actions and play them in super slow motion. Here are some key points:
• Super Slow-mo (960 frames per second) vs Slow Motion (240 fps) vs Normal video (30 fps)
• Random background music will be inserted automatically after taking the video
• 3 types of animated-GIFs will be generated automatically
• Super Slow-mo captures for 0.2 secs and could be played approximately 6.4 secs long
• Super Slow-mo can be used up to 20 times in a video
• Super Slow-mo only supports HD (720p) resolution
How to take Super Slow-mo videos on Galaxy S9/S9+
How to edit Super Slow-mo videos?
Super Slow-mo in Manual and Auto Mode
In Manual mode, you call the shots when the super slow motion should happen by tapping the four-circle button beside the main camera button at the desired moment.
In Auto mode, the camera captures the moment in super slow motion automatically when movement is detected in the motion detection area. This is best used for hands-free recording.
To move the motion detection area, tap and hold the area inside the corners and drag it to a new location. To adjust the area size, tap and hold a corner and drag it.
Use Auto mode in a place that has sufficient light. Please note that in Auto mode, recording may begin at an unwanted moment if there are conditions such as the following:
• When the device shakes
• When another object is moving near the subject in the motion detection area
• When recording under a flickering light, such as a fluorescent light
• When recording in dark areas where noise occurs
• When you play the video, the segments recorded in super slow motion will play in slow motion
Multi-take (By default): Record a video and capture multiple moments in super slow motion.
Single-take (In camera settings): Record a short video by capturing a single action in super slow motion.
Special Editing Features
In the Gallery, super slow motion videos are designated in four circles, or you can open the Super Slow-mo Clip
folder to find them. You can trim them from there to remove unwanted frames. Swipe up on the video to make your own A-GIFs in three different styles of looping: reverse, forward and swing.
• Auto BGM
After the videos are taken, Auto BGM provides random Background Music inserted automatically. You can add music
to your video from a set of preloaded soundtracks or use a song from your own playlist.
• Super Slow-mo as Wallpaper
Relive those epic Super Slow-mo moments by putting them on your lock screen. Simply select a clip, tap on the four-dot
menu icon, and tap Set as Wallpaper.
• Easy Sharing
Once done, you can instantly share your masterpiece with friends via message, email, and social media (file size 640 x 352, around 10-15MB).
Video screen flickers and black lines appear when recording in Super Slow-mo mode
This is due to light source that takes the form of a flashing frequency of the fluorescent lamp to the camera. Flicker phenomenon can mainly be generated at a shutter speed of 1/120 or higher and it occurs in the characteristics of the CMOS sensor.
This is normal operation which can happen on all camera with CMOS sensor and it’s caused by CMOS sensor’s original specification. We recommend to use Super Slow-motion under LED lighting to reduce this phenomenon.
Video quality is poor and dark when playback a Super Slow-mo video
Super slow motion captures 960 frames per second and use faster shutter speed, short exposure time and high sensitivity as compared to normal video at 30fps and low motion video at 240fps.
If you record a super slow motion video in dark areas, noise may occurs. Thus we recommend to use this feature in a place that has sufficient light.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Before calling us, there are some information we need to obtain from you. Please get ready with model code, serial number and date of purchase.
Note : Call conversation is recorder for quality, monitoring and/or training purposes for our continuous quality improvement.
#GALAXY (just dial #425299)
[Free access for all Networks ]
(02) 8-422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 8-422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.
**Standard Landline numbers have been updated to comply with the NTC ruling effective October 6, 2019