My phone is heating up, is this normal?
This phenomenon is normal and is simply due to the device's CPU activity. When running multiple apps, the CPU processes more tasks and as a result, additional heat is given off. This happens on most electronic devices (even computers/laptops), including the devices of other manufacturers.
Reasons your phone warms up
• During the initial setup after purchase or when restoring data
• Intensive Camera use
• Using apps that require more power or using apps for extended periods
• While multitasking (or, when running many apps in the background)
• Exposed to Extreme Heat
• Blocked Ventilation
• Poor Signal Strength
• Charging the battery with a damaged USB cable
• Device’s multipurpose jack is damaged or exposed to foreign materials, such as liquid, dust, metal powder, and pencil lead.
Ways to Cool Your Phone and Keep It Efficient
• Keep the device updated with the latest software.
• Remove the phone’s case
• Move it from direct sunlight
• Reduce the display brightness
• Deactivate the Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth features when not using them.
• Close apps that increase battery consumption or that run in the background when not in use.
• Delete unnecessary files or unused apps.
Once you’ve done this, try the following to avoid further overheats:
• Use Battery Saver mode
• Clean up your phone to remove junk files
• Reduce Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS use unless needed
NOTE: If abnormal heating continues, then kindly visit the nearest Samsung authorized Service Center.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Just Dial #GALAXY (#425299)
[Free call to all networks]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
Available from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.