Samsung Introduces Galaxy A31 and A11 in Singapore
The latest additions to the Galaxy A series family boast high quality cameras, larger screen displays, and powerful batteries that keep users going all-day
Samsung Electronics Singapore today announced that the latest additions to the Galaxy A series family, Galaxy A31 and Galaxy A11, will be available from 9 May and 23 May respectively.
Both smartphones offer enhanced user features including a large 6.4-inch1 Infinity display2 for an immersive viewing experience, a range of cameras that allow you to capture all the moments that matter, as well as a long-lasting battery that will keep up with you throughout the day.
“The Galaxy A series offers consumers incredible value for a premium smartphone experience and we are excited to be bringing the Galaxy A31 and Galaxy A11 to Singapore. These affordable smartphones boast a large 6.4-inch high definition Infinity display, coupled with long-lasting battery, for consumers to enjoy many hours of uninterrupted video entertainment or mobile gaming,” said Sarah Chua, Vice President of IT and Mobile, Samsung Electronics Singapore. “The choice of a triple or quad camera system not only delivers sharp and vivid photos, but also offers wide angle or portrait options to capture those treasured moments.”
Unparalleled viewing experience with cutting-edge Infinity display
The Galaxy A31 offers a large 6.4-inch1 FHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-U2 display, while the Galaxy A11 sports a 6.4-inch1 Infinity-O display2 with HD+ resolution. With slimmer bezels, both devices can deliver more vibrant colours that enrich viewing experience with content that fills the screen edge to edge.
In addition, the Galaxy A31 features Dolby Atmos® for a captivating 3D surround sound experience that lets you fully immerse yourself in your favourite entertainment apps and multimedia content.
Never miss out on any action with top quality cameras
The Galaxy A31 and Galaxy A11 provide all the tools you need to be the ultimate visual storyteller, no matter how big or small the subject matter is.
Galaxy A31 comes with multi-purpose quad rear cameras. With its Main camera, Ultra Wide camera3, Depth camera3 and Macro camera3, along with pre-set intelligent features, you can now capture and share the perfect photos with your family and friends.
From a morning walk to your favourite café, to soaking in the twinkling lights of a cityscape at night, the 48-megapixel Main camera takes stunning photos, and optimises scenes based on the AI intelligent solution4. The 8-megapixel Ultra Wide camera3 can capture more of the scene with its 123° angle view. The 5-megapixel Depth camera3 provides a professional touch to portrait photography, enabling your subject to stand out by focusing on only what you want with adjustable Live Focus effects. The 5-megapixel Macro camera3 is able to pick up fine textures and minute details in close-up shots, making your subject come to life with great details.
You can spruce up your selfie game with the 20-megapixel front camera and Live Focus feature, which puts your face in focus by applying a beautiful bokeh effect.
Separately, the Galaxy A11 features a triple-camera setup which includes a 13-megapixel Main camera on the back alongside a 5-megapixel Ultra Wide lens3, and a 2-megapixel Depth camera3. It also has an 8-megapixel selfie camera that is positioned on the top left corner of the phone screen.
Long-lasting battery for improved connectivity and enhanced performance
The Galaxy A31 and Galaxy A11 elevate entertainment and productivity with its large battery capacity at 5,000 mAh (typical) and 4,000 mAh (typical) respectively, which allows you to stay connected longer and keep going from day to night55. The 15W Fast Charging capability6 on both devices ensure that the battery can be charged quickly, minimising the amount of downtime spent waiting for your phone to get a power boost.
Level up on your favourite mobile games with the in-built AI-based Game Booster that automatically optimises your settings to give you the best possible mobile gaming experience. In addition, the phones feature authentication and unlocking via the fingerprint scanner7 or face recognition, and are secured with the multi-layered security platform Samsung Knox that detects tampering and keeps your data protected.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy A31 will be available from 9 May on Samsung Online Store, and the online stores of selected telecommunication operators (M1 and Singtel) and major consumer electronics & IT stores, with a recommended retail price of $348 (including GST). The Galaxy A31 is available in two dynamic colours – Prism Crush Black and Prism Crush Blue.
The Galaxy A11 will be available from 23 May on Samsung Online Store, Singtel Online Shop, and the online stores of major consumer electronics & IT stores, with a recommended retail price of $198 (including GST). The Galaxy A11 is available in two colours – Black and Blue.
Product Specifications for Galaxy A31 and Galaxy A11
1. Screen measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners. Actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners and camera hole.
2. Infinity-U display for Galaxy A31: a near bezel-less, full-frontal glass, edge-to-edge screen. Infinity-O display for Galaxy A11: a near bezel-less, full-frontal glass, edge-to-edge screen, which minimises bezels even further by utilising accurate laser cutting technology to create a cut-out in the upper corner.
3. Ultra Wide, Depth and Macro camera features are supported for rear camera only.
4. Accuracy of Scene Optimiser may vary depending on shooting conditions including multiple subjects, being out of focus, or moving objects.
5. Typical value tested under third-party laboratory condition. Typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard. Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors.
6. 15W Fast Charging is only available via wired charging with a compatible adaptive fast charging charger and cable that support 15W charging.
7. The availability of this service may vary by country.
8. RAM and internal memory capacity may vary by country. Actual user-accessible internal memory is less than specified total memory due to storage of the operating system, the software used to operate device features, and other built-in applications, and may vary after software updates/upgrade. MicroSD card sold separately.
*Availability, colours and price may vary by market. All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice.