Samsung Announces the Launch of the Galaxy Watch Active2 and Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition in Singapore
Samsung today announced the availability of the new Galaxy Watch Active2 and Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition in Singapore. Designed with new, intuitive and refined features to bring more customisation to consumers’ personal lifestyles, the newest additions to the Galaxy family will enhance their health and wellness while enabling a seamless and connected living.
Key Product Highlights
Galaxy Watch Active2
- Purposeful Design, Customised to Consumer Lifestyles – The Galaxy Watch Active2 features a brand new upgrade and turns the signature rotating bezel digital to make it even more convenient to navigate on the curved Super AMOLED screen while maximizing the screen size. Users can also customise their watch face to their outfit with the My Style1 colour extraction algorithm on the Galaxy Wearable app. Simply take a photo of the outfit, choose from five different colour patterns, and the watch face changes in seconds to suit users’ favourite style.
- The Perfect Companion for Wellness Goals – The perfect guide to improved health and wellness2, actionable insights are provided to help consumers make positive lifestyle choices in their diet, exercise, mental health, sleep and more. The Galaxy Watch Active2 can track over 40 workouts, with seven of them automatically activated – including running, walking, cycling and swimming. The smartwatch also incorporates innovative new health sensors on the back to take in readings faster, and features enhanced sleep analysis algorithms to help users work towards a healthy sleep pattern to feel recharged for a day of work and play.
- Expand Your Connected Lifestyle – As part of the Galaxy ecosystem, users can enjoy Samsung services such as Samsung Health, SmartThings and Samsung Pay3 that are seamlessly integrated with the smartwatch and across other devices. Consumers can use Bixby4 to navigate their smartwatch, start a workout or even check the weather. In addition, when the Galaxy Watch Active2 is paired to users’ compatible Galaxy smartphone, the Watch Camera Controller5 on the smartwatch allows them to take photos and videos, preview footages and switch camera lenses, all from their wrist. Users can travel across the globe with greater confidence, as the Galaxy Watch Active2 now supports convenient real-time voice and text translation in 20 languages6.
Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition
The exclusive Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition is designed to deliver a connected running experience that helps dedicated runners take their fitness to the next level.
- Always-on Running Coach – Using real-time data from the smartwatch or from Under Armour HOVR Connected shoes, users will see visual feedback and hear audio cues during workouts, which will help improve their stride, maintain their pace and continue on the path to conquering their fitness goals. Post-workout, users will receive in-depth form analysis and detailed coaching tips on their smartphone, offering an in-depth perspective on running techniques.
- MapMyRun Partnership – The Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition includes a six-months free MapMyRun Premium Membership, giving users access to training plans that push them to get more out of every workout. During workouts, the unique Under Armour watch display will feature key data such as heart rate, pace and form. When paired with the Galaxy Buds7, users can immerse themselves in their run with audio coaching cues at certain intervals throughout their workout giving them an extra push towards their goals. By connecting to their smartphones, users will be able to see more detailed workout reports with added insights following their run.
- All-around Performance Running Watch – Combined with the advanced, signature features of the Galaxy Watch Active2 and designed in a lightweight, sporty, aluminium body complemented with exclusively designed watch face and fluoroelastomer (FKM) straps, the Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition ensures a comfortable fit that will optimise performance for users.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy Watch Active2 will be available from 27 September 2019 and the Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition will be available from 12 October 2019. Both devices will be available at local telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics & IT stores, Samsung Experience Stores, Lazada Singapore, Shopee Singapore and KrisShop. The respective recommended retail prices of the devices are as follows:
Galaxy Watch Active2 Product Specifications:
Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition Product Specifications:
1 My Style works with Android smartphones paired with the Galaxy Watch Active2.
2 Intended for general wellness and fitness purposes only. Not intended for use in detection, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring or management of any medical condition or disease. Any health-related information accessed through the device and/or application should not be treated as medical advice. Users should seek any medical advice from a physician.
3 Certain features may require Bluetooth® connectivity to smartphone and network connectivity of the smartphone. Does not support all functionality available on Samsung Pay for smartphones.
4 Requires Samsung Account login and data connection. Service availability and available functions and features may vary by country, region, service provider, language, device model and OS version.
5 App downloadable from Galaxy Store, and is currently only compatible with Galaxy Fold, Note10/10+, S10e/S10/S10+, Note9, S9/ S9+. Requires Bluetooth® connectivity to smartphone.
6 3rd party app downloadable from Galaxy Store. At launch, supported languages are English, Korean, Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, French, German, Italian, Indonesian, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Slovak, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian. Translation function requires network connectivity.
7 Sold separately.
8 Actual user-accessible internal memory is less than specified total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features, and other built-in applications, and may vary after software updates/ upgrades.
9 Tested under ISO standard 22810:2010 to be water resistant up to depth of 50m for up to 10min. Individual results may vary.
10 IP68 rating means device is protected against entry of dust, and ingress of static fresh water at up to 1.5m for up to 30 minutes, under certain defined test conditions. According to accredited test results; individual results may vary.
11 Tested to 12 MIL-STD-810G methods under certain defined test conditions. According to accredited test results; individual results may vary.
All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Android is a trademark or registered trademark of Google LLC. Bluetooth® is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks herein is under license. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. Wi-Fi® is a trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance. All other company, product and service names mentioned herein are marks, trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of the respective owners.