Samsung announces availability of the Gear Sport, Gear Fit2 Pro and Gear IconX
Following the debut of the latest additions to Samsung’s industry-leading wearables line at the Galaxy Studio, Samsung today announced the availability of the Gear Sport, the Gear Fit2 Pro, and the Gear IconX in Singapore.
Designed to help consumers get the most out of their day and help them live a healthy and well-balanced lifestyle, these latest innovations in Samsung’s Gear portfolio have a wide range of features that provide users with the optimal experience on a range of activities – from robust fitness tracking to nutrition and sleep monitoring1, as well as motivational coaching as a lifestyle companion.
New capabilities have also been introduced for the Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro, demonstrating Samsung’s continued expansion in the fitness wearable category. Furthermore, the Gear devices are compatible with most mobile phones running on Android 4.4 or iOS 9.0 and above.
Key Product Highlights:
• Available in Blue and Black, the Gear Sport is a stylish yet practical smartwatch. Its sleek and ergonomic form is compatible with a variety of colourful and easily changeable standard 20mm straps2, allowing users to transition from the gym to a night out with friends effortlessly.
• The Gear Sport is equipped with a minimalistic, circular bezel, a 1.2-inch SUPER AMOLED display and an improved user interface that makes it easy for users to view information, even when on-the-go. With the Gear Sport, users can work to achieve their health and wellness goals1, where they can receive nutrition management alerts and activity recommendations even when they are offline.
• Go mobile free with the Gear Sport. With an built-in GPS tracker, users can take their Gear Sport out for a run and track their route independently. In addition, users with a Spotify Premium account can save and listen to their favourite Spotify playlist offline.
• Designed with military-level durability3 and 5 ATM4 certified for water resistance, the Gear Sport can handle a wide range of user environments and is the ideal swimming companion.
• Equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC), users can also use the Gear Sport to make mobile payments5 via Samsung Pay with a flick of their wrist on the go.
Gear Fit2 Pro
• A GPS fitness band packed with smart features, the Gear Fit2 Pro offers advanced real-time heart rate monitoring1 and built-in GPS tracking so users can track their activities accurately anywhere. The Gear Fit2 Pro also comes with built-in automatic activity detection6 that can automatically recognise users’ activities without them having to set it.
• The Gear Fit2 Pro is 5 ATM4certified for water resistance, which allows users to now use the device as a Swim Tracker, allowing them to monitor their progress while doing their laps.
• Available in Black and Red, the Gear Fit2 Pro’s all-new secure and ergonomic band is lightweight and comfortable to use for all activities while its versatile design makes it a stylish accessory.
• With Spotify's Offline mode, users can also listen to their favourite music offline or even without their smartphone, and enjoy their favourite tunes regardless of where they are as long as they have a Spotify Premium account.
• A trusted workout companion that offers users a seamless audio experience, the Gear IconX is the second generation of Samsung’s ground-breaking cord-free earbuds. Available in Black, Gray and Pink, the updated Gear IconX features a more ergonomic and lightweight design, and is effectively more secure, comfortable, and stylish to use.
• Ideal for the fitness enthusiast, the Gear IconX automatically tracks6 one’s running routines, and also features the standalone Running Coach function, which can be activated by simply tapping the earbud to provide in-ear audio7 exercise status updates – in real-time and without one’s smartphone.
• With up to 4GB of internal storage8, users can also enjoy their favourite music offline by transferring their music from a Samsung smartphone9 or PC, or accessing their top tunes through Bluetooth® connectivity.
• With an improved battery life of up to five hours of music streaming or seven hours of standalone music playback10, Gear IconX users can enjoy a seamless and fully standalone music listening experience. The earbuds are also users’ newest connection to Bixby11, where with a simple tap and hold, users can use their voiceto control their music or their smartphone, without having to hold their smartphone in their hands.
Your Health is in Your Hands
Users can track all that matters through the new Gear devices, and more importantly, get insights on their lifestyle through Samsung Health1 an app that consolidates data on their daily activities, sleep patterns and eating habits using various built-in trackers.
Samsung Health allows users to set goals and motivate their friends to be more active with challenges and earn badges for breakthroughs and milestones.
In addition, Samsung Health works seamlessly with a number of third-party diet tracker and fitness apps12, so users can continue to use all the apps they love and keep track of all their data on a single dashboard.
Step it up with Samsung
As an advocate of healthy living, Samsung has collaborated with the Health Promotion Board (HPB) as one of the official tracker partners of the National Steps Challenge™ Season 3. Back for its third edition, the National Steps Challenge™ offers participants more games, exciting thematic and community challenges and bigger prizes13 in celebration of a healthier lifestyle.
Interested parties can sign up for the Challenge via HPB’s Healthy 365 mobile app, which is available for download at the Google Play Store. Participants who are Samsung Gear wearables users can also track their steps via the Samsung Health mobile app and sync it to the Healthy 365 mobile app. For more information, consumers can visit stepschallenge.sg.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Gear Sport, Gear Fit2 Pro and Gear IconX will be available from 28 October 2017 at a recommended retail price of $448, $268 and $268 respectively. The new wearables line will be available at all telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics stores, authorised mobile retailers, Samsung Experience Stores and online retailers Lazada Singapore, Hachi, Amazon and Rack85.
Additional straps for the Gear Sport will also be available at all Samsung Experience Stores and major consumer electronic stores at a recommended retail price of $48.
For more information, visit: http://www.samsung.com/sg/wearables/
1 Not intended for use in detection, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring or management of any medical condition or disease. Any health-related information accessed through the device(s) and/or application(s) should not be treated as medical advice. Users should seek any medical advice from a physician.
2 Additional straps sold separately.
3 Tested to 11 MIL-STD-810G methods, under certain defined test conditions. According to accredited test results; individual results may vary.
4 Resistant to water up to 5 ATM (equivalent to depth of 50 metres), testing under ISO standard 22810:2010, under specific conditions. According to accredited test results, individual results may vary. Should not be used for scuba diving, water-skiing, or other activities involving high-velocity or high-pressure water or submersion below shallow depth.
5 Use of Samsung Pay on Gear requires installation of Samsung Gear app on compatible smartphone, and certain features may require Bluetooth® connectivity to the smartphone and network connectivity of the connected smartphone. Samsung Pay on Gear does not support all functionality available on Samsung Pay for smartphones.
6 Automatic tracking will only be activated after user has been running or walking for more than 10 minutes continuously. For shorter workouts, manual activation is required
7 The Gear IconX voice guide supports nine languages including U.S. English, Chinese Mandarin, Spanish, German, French, Korean, Italian, Russian and Japanese.
8Actual user-accessible memory is less than specified total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features, and other built-in applications, and may vary after software updates/upgrades.
9 Gear IconX is compatible with devices running Android 4.4 and above.
10 >Based on Samsung’s internal test results, with one feature being tested at any one time on a fully charged battery, and dependent on usage, battery conditions and other surrounding factors and conditions.
11 Requires Bluetooth® connectivity to a Samsung device with Bixby voice capability including Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+.
12 Supported features might vary by country and device.
13 Contest terms and conditions apply. Visit stepchallenge.sg for more details.
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Specifications are accurate as at time of print and are subject to change without prior notice. Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks herein is under license. Wi-Fi® and Wi-Fi Direct® are registered trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance. Android and other Google marks are trademarks of Google Inc. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries. All other company, product and service names mentioned herein are marks, trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of the respective owners.