Samsung Smart TV models are registered with IDA to be compatible with the digital format DVB-T2
Singapore, 25 June 2013 - In line with Samsung’s commitment to offer the latest technology for consumers in Singapore, Samsung Singapore is proud to announce that selected 2013 Samsung Smart TV models are now registered with the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) to be compatible with the digital format DVB-T2 and with Singapore’s DVB-T2 receiver specifications. These models will also carry the DTV Label mark (Consumer Label) issued by the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) to inform consumers that the TV sets are digital-ready.
DVB-T2 is a digital format which can support broadcast for both SDTV and HDTV content. More than that, it gives consumers an enhanced viewing experience including sharper and clearer images, as well as cinematic surround-sound effects. New content and services such as an electronic programme guide will also be available*.
The following Samsung Smart TV models from the 2013 lineup are now DVB-T2 compatible, making them ready for future broadcasting standards:
- Samsung Series 7 F7100 LED TV
- Samsung Series 7 F7500 LED TV
- Samsung Series 8 F8000 LED TV
- Samsung Series 8 F8500 LED TV
Other key product highlights:
- Users can search and access content quickly and easily with the Samsung 2013 Smart Hub. Divided into three panels, Smart Hub lets you access Apps, Social, as well as Photos, Videos & Music
- Smart Interaction, the new Samsung Smart TV’s Motion Control technology, allows users to navigate and move the cursor, flip pages, zoom in and out of pictures, ‘Like’ a social media posting and rotate an image all with their bare hands
- Samsung Evolution Kit offers software, hardware and processor updates on select Samsung Smart TV so you can enjoy upgraded user interface and faster processing speeds
- Equipped with content and device convergence with multi-screen features, users can move their content seamlessly between devices in real-time with Samsung Smart View; AllShareTM connects the TV to compatible mobile devices wirelessly and creates a smart centre for media and whole-home automation. Users can also mirror their TV content on compatible Samsung GALAXY tablets and phones