Singapore – 10 August 2018 – Samsung Electronics Singapore today announced the latest addition to its premium Note series – the Galaxy Note9. The Note series is testament to Samsung’s latest groundbreaking innovations, and the Galaxy Note9 builds on this legacy with a premium smartphone that delivers ultimate performance, and is for the first-time ever equipped with a new S Pen with connectivity and Samsung’s most intelligent camera yet.
"Over the years, mobile phones have become an essential part of consumers’ lives, and the Galaxy Note9 has been developed to meet consumers’ high expectations," said Sarah Chua, Vice-President, IT & Mobile, Samsung Electronics Singapore. "The new member of the Note series builds on the Note legacy, combining the Note series’ most well-loved features with new and improved innovations, allowing consumers to get the best experience from work to play."
All Day Performance
Consumers rely on their smartphones for almost everything they do – all-day, everyday. They need a phone that can keep up with their lifestyles, where they do not have to look for the nearest outlet to recharge, delete content to free up storage for their next snap, wait anxiously for their video to download, or deal with any lag time when gaming. Consumers need a phone that will not let them down, and the Galaxy Note9 delivers.
- All Day Battery1: The Galaxy Note9’s 4,000mAh battery is the largest ever on a flagship Galaxy phone, providing consumers with long-lasting battery power to use all-day – to talk, text, play games and watch movies from morning to night.
- Store More, Delete Less: The Galaxy Note9 is available in two internal storage options – 128GB or 512GB2. With the ability to insert a microSD card, the Galaxy Note9 is 1TB-ready3, providing consumers with peace of mind knowing that there is enough storage on their device for their favourite photos, videos and apps.
- Speed and Power: The Galaxy Note9 is a super powerful smartphone with a cutting-edge 10nm processor and support for the fastest network speeds available in the market (up to 1.2 gigabits per second)4 to stream and download without slowing down. The Galaxy Note9 also comes equipped with an industry-leading, Samsung-developed Water Carbon Cooling system and on-device AI-based performance-adjusting algorithm, to deliver a powerful yet stable performance.
The Evolution of the S Pen
The S Pen is the signature feature of the Note series, where Samsung has expanded the notion of what a smartphone can do. Beginning as a tool for writing and drawing, the S Pen is now putting more power and control in their hands.
Now equipped with Bluetooth® Low-Energy (BLE) support, the new S Pen delivers an entirely new way to use the Note. With just a click, it is now possible for users to use the S Pen to take selfies and group pictures, present slides, pause and play videos, and more. Developers will also be able to integrate the S Pen’s new, advanced BLE functionalities into their apps in future5.
The Intelligent Camera That Makes Pictures Perfect
Consumers can find it hard to take a picture that looks like one taken by professionals, but it should not be. The Galaxy Note9 builds on Samsung’s industry-leading camera technologies with new capabilities that takes the work out of taking the perfect picture.
- Scene Optimizer: The Galaxy Note9’s camera is Samsung’s smartest yet. It uses intelligence to identify elements of a photo, such as scene and subject, to automatically classify it into one of 20 categories and instantly optimize it based on the category. The result is a stunning, life-like image with bold colors and dynamic definition.
- Flaw Detection: The first shot may not always come out right. With the Galaxy Note9, the smartphone lets users know if there is something wrong with their shot, so they can take another picture without losing the moment. A notification will appear on the screen immediately if the image is blurry, if the subject in the image had blinked, if there was a smudge on the lens, or if there is backlight impacting the quality of the image.
- Premium Camera: Equipped with a unique combination of advanced intelligence features and leading premium hardware, the Galaxy Note9’s camera is one of the best on the market. It comes equipped with advanced noise reduction technology and a Dual Aperture6 lens, which adjusts to light just like the human eye. No matter what the lighting conditions are, the Galaxy Note9’s top-tier camera delivers a crystal-clear shot.
Premium Experiences: From Work to Play
The Infinity Display7 is the cornerstone of Samsung’s design heritage, and the Galaxy Note9 has the largest edge-to-edge display ever on a Note. The 6.4-inch8 Super AMOLED Infinity Display provides a truly immersive multimedia experience. The Galaxy Note9’s Infinity Display is complemented by stereo speakers, which are tuned by AKG, and the ability to deliver Dolby Atmos® immersive audio for a life-like audio experience. Watching videos on mobile has never looked or sounded better than it does on the Galaxy Note9. The Galaxy Note9 was also named by YouTube as a Signature Device that is able to deliver a best-in-class YouTube experience.
The Galaxy Note9 also delivers a PC-like user experience with Samsung DeX9. Users can work on their presentations, edit photos, and watch their favorite shows, powered entirely by their phone. Users can easily experience Samsung DeX with the easy-to-carry HDMI adapters10. When connected to a monitor, the Galaxy Note9 can power a virtualized desktop and even serve as a fully-functional second screen. Users can take notes with the S Pen while watching a video, use the Galaxy Note9 as a trackpad to right-click, drag and drop, or open multiple windows on the monitor. It has never been easier to be more productive.
Galaxy and Beyond
The Galaxy Note9 is equipped with premium Galaxy technologies, including fast wireless charging, IP68 water and dust resistance11 and Samsung services such as Samsung Health and Samsung Pay. The Galaxy Note9 features Samsung’s trusted, defense-grade Knox security platform to keep important information safe, and biometric authentication options including fingerprint scanning, iris scanning and facial recognition capabilities.
The Galaxy Note9 is a portal to the full Samsung ecosystem of devices and services, opening up a world of possibilities. Users can use the Galaxy Note9 and SmartThings to control connected devices, or get more done with Bixby12, a personalized, intelligent assistant.
For more information about the Galaxy Note9, visit http://www.samsungmobilepress.com, news.samsung.com/galaxy or www.samsung.com/galaxy.
Galaxy Note9: Pre-Order and Registration of Interest
Samsung will be holding a pre-order promotion in celebration of the exciting launch of the Galaxy Note9 in Singapore. All consumers who successfully purchase the Galaxy Note9 (128GB2) during pre-order will be entitled to a free upgrade to the Galaxy Note9 (512GB2), worth $33013, at the point of collection or delivery (upon full payment) of their Galaxy Note9 from 22 August 2018.
Pre-Order at Telecommunications Operators
Pre-Order/ Registration of interest14 with M1, Singtel and StarHub for the Galaxy Note9 will commence from 10 August 2018, Friday, 3pm. Consumers can visit the following URLs for more information:
Pre-Order at Samsung Store Online/ Samsung Experience Stores
Consumers can also pre-order their Galaxy Note9 (without contract) via the Samsung Store online (https://note9preorder.samsung.com.sg) or visit the following Samsung Experience Stores from 10 August 2018, Friday, 3pm:
- Central: 313@somerset #B2-24/25/26 Tel: 6836 1809, Bugis Junction #01-63/63A Tel: 6338 7911, Chinatown Point #01-48 Tel: 6222 7911, VivoCity #02-28/29 Tel: 6376 9150
- East: Bedok Mall #B1-07 Tel: 6844 9310, Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3 #02-23 Tel: 6241 4125 (Open to transit and departing passengers only), Parkway Parade #03-30F Tel: 6440 7969, Tampines Mall #02-29 Tel: 6782 9575
- North: Causeway Point #03-12 Tel: 6891 1011, nex #04-42 Tel: 6636 7392
- West: Jurong Point #B1-09/10/11 Tel: 6791 2272, Westgate #01-01 Tel: 6369 9175
To pre-order, consumers simply have to place a $100 deposit for each device and select their choice of collection points from Samsung Experience Stores islandwide and appointment timeslots during opening hours. Alternatively, consumers can choose to make full payment and get their Galaxy Note9 delivered to their choice of POPStation or via delivery to their designated address.
Pre-order at Major Consumer Electronics & IT Stores and Lazada Singapore
Pre-order for the Galaxy Note9 will also be available online from 10 August 2018, Friday, 3pm at major consumer electronics & IT stores' (Best Denki, Courts, Gain City, Hachi, Harvey Norman and Newstead) respective websites and Lazada Singapore. More information is available at the following URLs:
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy Note9 will be available from 25 August 2018, at local telecommunication operators (M1, Singtel and StarHub), major consumer electronics & IT stores, Samsung Experience Stores, Lazada Singapore, selected marketplace and at all authorised mobile retailers. The respective recommended retail prices (with GST) for the device variants are as follows: