Effective: 24 May 2018
Samsung Electronics Nordic AB (Torshamnsgatan 27, PO Box 1235, 164 28 Kista, Sweden, Org. No. 556445-4345, “Samsung”, “we” “us”, “our”) knows how important privacy is to our customers, and we strive to be clear about how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your personal data.
1. How we collect your information
2. What information we collect and how we use the information (purposes and legal bases)
3. Sharing your information
4. How long we keep your data
5. International transfer of data
6. Keeping your information secure
7. Your rights
8. Contact us
When purchasing a product via Samsung Estore we will process certain personal data about you, so we can administer your order and successfully deliver the right product to you. We will process personal data that you provide directly to us through the use of Samsung Estore.
We will collect information about you and your order that are necessary to process your order and to conduct your purchase or return satisfactorily, such as your name, contact information, information relating to payment and your order, delivery information (such as name, email address, phone number, home address, purchased product and services, order no., etc.) and technical data (such as IP address).
We use this information for the following purposes:
- to enable our payment provider, Klarna, to arrange for the payment which is necessary to fulfil our contract with you when you purchase or return a product through the Estore;
- to arrange the shipping of the purchased products to you to fulfil our contract with you;
- to manage, handle and administer your order internally to fulfil our contract with you or for compliance with applicable laws on bookkeeping;
- to ensure that our service providers provide high-quality services to you on our behalf, based on our legitimate interest to ensure high-quality services within Samsung Estore;
- regarding technical data for cybersecurity purposes, based on our legitimate interest to protect the Samsung Estore from cyberattacks;
- to improve your user experience on the Estore, based on the consent you gave through the cookie banner;
- to provide you with support and customer service if you make an inquiry, based on our legitimate interest to help you with your inquiries relating to your order via Samsung Estore; and
- for internal sales reporting based on our legitimate interest to gain knowledge on how our products are selling and we make personal data aggregated for such purposes.
In addition to the general purposes described above we will process additional information about you if you take advantage of one of the optional services that are facilitated through the Estore. The processing of your personal data for these optional services is based on our legitimate interest to offer you additional services you might be interested in to make our offerings even more attractive. The optional services are:
Trade-in. If you make use of the trade-in option offered by our trade-in partner Ingram Micro AB (“Ingram”) through the Samsung Estore, we will send information about you to Ingram necessary for the trade-in to be provided, such as your name and contact details, information relating to the product and bank account number. We secure the data transmission to Ingram by encryption. Ingram will also process the information pursuant to its own privacy practices (on which we have no influence). In cases where we directly offer you an ‘up-front’ discount for the trade-in, the processing of personal data is based on the fulfilment of your contract with us. We will also process the above data for compliance with applicable bookkeeping rules and for vendor management purposes for a limited time period.
SAS Eurobonus. If you make use of the option to add your purchases made via Samsung Estore to your SAS Eurobonus account and to thereby receive points on your SAS Eurobonus account we will also process your SAS Eurobonus account number. This service will help you accumulate more SAS Eurobonus points when purchasing via Samsung Estore pursuant to the SAS Eurobonus provider’s own privacy practices (on which we have no influence). We will also process the Eurobonus account for compliance with applicable bookkeeping rules and for vendor management purposes for a limited time period.
Back-in-stock email. If you make use of the option to receive an email when a product you requested on Samsung Estore is back in stock, we will process your email address for this purpose. We rely on our legitimate interest to inform you, upon your subscription, that a product you are interested in to purchase is available again for purchase. The email is only sent once to you and your email is thereafter deleted from the back-in-stock email database.
Samsung Mobile Care. If you want to conclude a Samsung Mobile Care (“SMC”) insurance policy with the Allianz, we will process personal data requested in the SMC data capture field. We are processing such personal data on behalf of and according to the instructions Allianz and they will process your personal data based on their own privacy practices (on which we have no influence).
If you do not provide the requested personal data, you will not be able to purchase a product through the Estore or make use of the optional services or receive marketing where applicable.
How long we keep your information depends on what purpose we use it for:
- Where we process your information in connection with payment or invoicing, we keep such information as long as required by applicable laws.
- We keep the information used for product shipping and internal order management no longer than may be required or allowed by the applicable laws on statute of limitation, consumer protection or product liability.
- Information used for ensuring cybersecurity is kept no longer than three months. The information used for providing you with a better user experience on the Samsung Estore is deleted after once the relevant cookies expiry or if you erase them.
For the optional services we keep your information for the following time periods:
- Trade-in: The information (except for bank account details which is kept for limited period (for order management purposes) is kept for a limited time period necessary for vendor management purposes. If we offer you an ‘up-front’ discount your information is stored based on applicable bookkeeping laws.
- SAS Eurobonus: Your information is kept for a limited time period necessary for vendor management purposes.
- Back-in-stock email: Your email address is kept until the requested product is back in stock and you have been sent one email reminder. Thereafter you email address is deleted.
- Samsung Mobile Care: we only keep personal data for the time period as instructed by Allianz.
Certain operations, such as, managing orders in and maintaining the Samsung Estore systems and, if applicable, providing you with marketing communications will involve the transfer of your personal data to Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Korea). We take appropriate measures, in compliance with applicable law, to ensure that your personal data remains protected. Such measures include the use of Standard Contractual Clauses to safeguard the transfer of data outside of the EU/EEA.
For more information, or to obtain a copy of the contractual agreements in place, please contact us at email@example.com.
We take protection of your data seriously, and have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Estore services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
You have the right to request details about the information we collect about you and to request us to correct inaccuracies in that information, to object to the processing based on legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes, or request the restriction of the processing, to request access to, the erasure or portability of your information. Under the laws of some jurisdictions, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. If you would like to make a request to access your information or exercise any other applicable rights, contact us on our dedicated online portal GDPRS at http://www.samsung.com/request-desk or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any specific questions, please contact us at:
European Data Protection Officer
Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited
Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS
You can also contact us at email@example.com. If you would like to exercise your right to access, rectification, deletion/erasure, object, restrict processing or portability, please get in touch with us via our only portal GDPRS http://www.samsung.com/request-desk or email us using the above email address.
You may lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law. Contact details for all EU Supervisory Authorities can be found here.