Exciting new offers for Samsung Pay purchases
New Smart Octopus customers can receive welcome offer and spending rebate up to HK$250 Octopus Top-up Value!
Based on compatibility of Samsung Pay on Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) and/or Near Field
Communication (NFC) card terminal, card terminal may need software upgrades. Samsung Pay is exclusive to
selected Samsung smartphone models, participating card networks, card issuers (credit and/or debit
cards) and merchants.
You agree that the use of Samsung Pay in each place is subject to the laws and regulations of the region and any other rules determined by the relevant merchant, payment processor, payment network, card issuer, regulator, and government authority. You should check the service availability for your region before use of Samsung Pay.
Offer is bound by terms and conditions, please visit the merchant’s website for details.
Some card issuers may not support all card types. Please contact your card issuer for details.
All images are for reference only. All other products and services mentioned may belong to their respective trademark owners.
To unsubscribe receiving Samsung Pay promotion information, please contact Samsung Pay hotline:+852-21219088.
Octopus Cards Limited License Number: SVF0001. Smart Octopus is issued subject to the "Conditions of Issue of Octopus".
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
PROMOTION PERIOD: 2020.04.09 - 2020.06.08
Smart Octopus Welcome Offer
New Smart Octopus customers can receive welcome offer and spending rebate up to HK$250 Octopus Top-up Value!
Terms and Conditions
- This “Welcome Offer and Usage Rebate Promotion for New Smart Octopus in Samsung Pay Customer” (this “Promotion”) is organised by Samsung Electronics Hong Kong Co., Ltd. (“Samsung”) and open to Samsung Pay customers who have enrolled Samsung Pay pursuant to Samsung’s Samsung Pay Terms of Service (collectively, “Samsung Pay Customers”, each, “Samsung Pay Customer”).
- By participating in this Promotion, each Samsung Pay Customer is deemed to have read, accepted and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice.
- The promotion period of this Promotion (the “Promotion Period”) will commence from 9 April 2020 00:00, Hong Kong time until 8 June 2020 23:59, Hong Kong time.
- This Promotion is open to Samsung Pay Customers who use Samsung Pay on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Fold, Note10+, Note10, Note9, Note8, S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, S10, S10+, S10e, S9, S9+, S8 or S8+ (collectively, “Eligible Devices”, each an “Eligible Device”). The list of Eligible Devices (as may be updated from time to time) can be found on Samsung’s website www.samsung.com/hk_en/samsungpay/.
- Subject to these Terms and Conditions (including Clauses 8, 9, 10, 11 and 13), each of the first 12,000 Samsung Pay Customers who has successfully added a valid Smart Octopus (the “Eligible Smart Octopus”) issued by Octopus Cards Limited (“OCL”) and subject to the Conditions of Issue of Octopus published by OCL (as amended from time to time) in Samsung Pay on an Eligible Device during the Promotion Period will be considered as a successful participant of this Promotion (each, a “Participant”) to receive a welcome offer of HK$150 Octopus Top-up Value (“Offer 1”); and each Participant who has conducted an Eligible Transaction (as defined in Clause 7) will receive a rebate of HK$10 Octopus Top-up Value for each Eligible Transaction (“Offer 2”) up to a maximum of 10 Eligible Transactions and a maximum aggregate amount of HK$100 Octopus Top-up Value.
- Each Participant will be entitled to a maximum aggregate amount of HK$250 Octopus Top-up Value for both Offer 1 and Offer 2 under this Promotion. Offer 1 and Offer 2 shall collectively be referred to as “Offers”.
- An eligible transaction (“Eligible Transaction”) refers to any payment transaction with a single transaction value of HK$50 or above using Eligible Smart Octopus as the means of payment during the Promotion Period. An Eligible Transaction does not include:
- any fund transfer with an O! ePay Account (as defined in the Conditions of Issue of Octopus) and any add value transaction (whether through Octopus Automatic Add Value Service, cash reload, add value through Samsung Pay mobile application with credit cards or otherwise);
- any transaction that has not been received or obtained by OCL from the merchants at the time when OCL conducts data processing under this Promotion or a spending transaction that is eventually cancelled or refunded;
- rewards Dollars (as defined under the Terms and Conditions for Octopus Rewards Programme in respect of Octopus Rewards Programme operated by Octopus Rewards Limited, an affiliate of OCL) used as payment in any spending transaction, which any such Rewards Dollars used will also not be counted as the amount spent for the said transaction.
- Where an Eligible Smart Octopus is suspended, cancelled or invalid for whatever reason(s) during the Promotion Period, including but not limited to, reset of Samsung Pay application, transfer of Eligible Smart Octopus to other device (including Eligible Device), loss of Eligible Device, or device reset due to factory data reset or Find My Mobile service, any spending amount and spending transaction recorded on such Eligible Smart Octopus during the Promotion Period will not be transferred to or counted towards the new replacement Smart Octopus.
- Any Smart Octopus which is added in Samsung Pay on an Eligible Device previously being issued with another Smart Octopus, or is added to any Eligible Device using the Samsung Pay account which had previously issued another Smart Octopus before the Promotion Period will not be considered as an Eligible Smart Octopus.
- To collect the Offers, each Participant is required to register his/her Eligible Smart Octopus on the Octopus App, a mobile application operated by OCL. Each Participant will be notified by push notification through the Octopus App that the Offers will be made available for collection through the Octopus App onto his/her said Eligible Smart Octopus as follows:
Phase Period within which the Eligible Smart Octopus is added pursuant to Clause 5 Type of Offer to be distributed Date on which push notification pursuant to this Clause 10 will be sent out 1 9 April 2020 to 8 May 2020 (both dates inclusive) Offer 1 20 May 2020 or 21 May 2020 2 9 April 2020 to 8 May 2020 (both dates inclusive) Offer 2 3 July 2020 to 8 July 2020 9 May 2020 to 8 June 2020 (both dates inclusive) Offer 1 and Offer 2 3 July 2020 to 8 July 2020
- The Offers will be made available for collection until and including 7 August 2020 The Offers will be forfeited automatically without notice if, at the time of collection: (a) the Participant fails to collect the Offers on or before 7 August 2020, or (b) the said Eligible Smart Octopus of the Participant has been suspended, cancelled or terminated or is no longer valid for whatever reason(s); which, under no circumstance shall any claim be made against Samsung and/or OCL whatsoever. Neither Samsung nor OCL shall bear any responsibility or liability whatsoever if any Participant fails or is unable to collect the Offers under whatever circumstance, including, but not limited to, due to reset of Samsung Pay, transfer of Eligible Smart Octopus to other device (including Eligible Device), suspension, cancellation or termination of Eligible Smart Octopus for whatever reason, loss of Eligible Device, or device reset due to factory data reset or Find My Mobile service.
- Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that neither Samsung nor OCL is the supplier of the goods and services provided by any of the merchants pursuant to the Eligible Transactions and under no circumstance shall Samsung or OCL have any liability whatsoever in respect of the goods and services provided by the merchants. Neither Samsung nor OCL shall be liable to any Eligible Smart Octopus Customers, Participants or any other person in respect of any goods and services provided by any merchant pursuant to the Eligible Transactions and any other goods and services provided by any merchant whatsoever, including but not limited to the quality, supply or the description of any goods and/or services.
- Samsung reserves the right to disqualify any Participant committed or suspected of fraud, or if Samsung believes that Participant’s participation of this Promotion has been manipulated in any way by machines or computers. Any transaction that is found to be fraudulent will result in the relevant Eligible Smart Octopus and/or the Participant being disqualified from participating in this Promotion.
- By participating in this Promotion, each Participant under this Promotion agrees that the number of Eligible Smart Octopus, the number and the aggregate amount of Eligible Transaction shall be transferred by OCL to Samsung who will use and retain solely for the purpose of this Promotion for (i) notifying Participants on the Offers, and (ii) carrying out any enquiries or resolving any disputes. Any information collected or received by Samsung and/or OCL as aforesaid in connection with this Promotion or Offers will be retained for 6 months after the end of the Promotion Period (“retention period”) and will be destroyed on expiry of the retention period.
- Samsung reserves the right to change or substitute the Offers to other offers of a comparable or equivalent value if it deems fit. None of the Offers is exchangeable for cash.
- In the event of any dispute arising from this Promotion or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Samsung shall be final and binding on all parties.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond Samsung’s and OCL's reasonable control (e.g. force majeure events, etc.), each of Samsung and OCL reserves the right, in its sole discretion and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this Promotion, in whole or in part, as appropriate. Under no circumstance shall Samsung and/or OCL be responsible or liable to Eligible Samsung Customers, Participants or any person whatsoever relating to or in connection with this Promotion.
- Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of its web services or Samsung Pay service and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in this Promotion. OCL makes no guarantee of the availability of the Octopus App and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in this Promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, each of Samsung and OCL (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes any and all liability (including in negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of profit, loss of opportunity, etc.), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential whatsoever, arising in any way out of or relating to the Promotion, including but not limited to the followings: (i) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung's and/or OCL’s control); (ii) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) any transaction, claim or Offers that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by OCL) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung and OCL; (iv) any variation to the Offers value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (v) any tax liability incurred by a Samsung Pay Customer and/or Participant; or (vi) use of any of the Offers.
- Each Participant agrees to indemnify and hold each of Samsung and OCL harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with this Promotion.
- Except where expressly provided herein, each of the Samsung Pay Customers and Participants shall bear his/her own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from his/her participation in this Promotion, and no reimbursement may be sought from Samsung and/or OCL whatsoever.
- No person other than the Participant, Samsung and OCL will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- In case of any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong, without regard to its conflict or choice of law provisions.
- All images are for reference only.
- The names of all other companies and products may be the trademarks owned by the various related companies.
PROMOTION PERIOD: 2019.10.04 - 2019.12.29
Wellcome Supermarket HK$40 Instant Discount Offer
Enjoy HK$40 instant discount for spending at Wellcome and Upscale Stores on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday via Samsung Pay!
Terms and Conditions
- The promotion runs from 4th October to 29th December 2019 (based on transaction date) (the “Promotion Period”).
- “HK$40 Instant Discount on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday on a net single transaction amount of totaling HK$500 or more during the Promotion Period” (the “Promotion”) is applicable to any contactless payment with Samsung Pay, which is installed on a compatible Samsung mobile device, by using an eligible Credit Cards including American Express credit card, Mastercard or Visa card issued by Bank of China (Hong Kong), Citibank, Dah Sing Bank, DBS Bank, Hang Seng Bank, HSBC and Standard Chartered Bank (the “Promotion Card”).
- The Promotion is only applicable to Wellcome Supermarket, Market Place by Jasons, 3hreesixty, Oliver's The Delicatessen, Jasons ． Food & Living and Jasons ichiba in Hong Kong (the“in-store merchants”). The Promotion is not applicable to Market Place by Jasons, 3hreesixty, Oliver's The Delicatessen, Jasons ． Food & Living and Jasons ichiba on 5th and 6th October, 2nd and 3rd November and 1st and 7th December 2019.
- To enjoy the Promotion, customers must indicate the payment method and present the Promotion Card in Samsung Pay to cashier staff before payment.
- A Qualifying Transaction refers to the final amount payable when making the purchase with the Promotion Card in Samsung Pay. The amount of delivery charges (if any), use of gift / cash voucher and other selected discount privilege will not be taken into account when calculating Qualifying Transaction.
- The Promotion is also not applicable to other transactions including, purchase of gift / cash vouchers, charges on plastic shopping bags, any delivery charges, any transaction of prepaid cards and stored value cards, any reloads, top up, recharging or value-added services, EPS cash withdrawal service, orders made by phone, fax, email / online / ‘Click & Collect’ services, all other transactions without sales slips, any split transactions and any unauthorized transactions are not eligible for the Promotion. Any unposted / cancelled / refunded / falsified transactions are also excluded. Instant discount will be cancelled or returned along with any cancelled or reversed transactions.
- For the in-store merchants, the Promotion is not applicable to the purchases of any festival / festive food related coupons, baby diaper coupons, any mobile / data prepaid and SIM cards, selected hampers, pre-order items, all infant milk powder (stage 1), baby diapers, bird’s nest and chicken essence items, and any redemption merchandise for any stamp collection programs or promotions.
- The Promotion will be provided by the in-store merchants at the time when the Qualifying Transaction is being made. The Promotion cannot be accumulated or saved for future use.
- The Promotion cannot be exchange for cash, gift, service or discount.
- To qualify for free delivery service, the remaining balance of the transaction must be HK$500 or above after the instant discount entitlement is deducted from the total amount payable for the transaction.
- All image and details are for reference only.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers, promotional discount coupons or store-wide discount offers on specific days.
- The Promotion is not applicable to any bulk purchases.
- In case of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Promotion, the decision of The Dairy Farm Company, Limited and Samsung Electronic HK Co., Limited shall be final.
- No person other than the Promotion Card cardholder, The Dairy Farm Company, Limited and Samsung Electronic HK Co., Limited will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance of Hong Kong to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
- The Dairy Farm Company, Limited and Samsung Electronic HK Co., Limited reserves the right to suspend and / or terminate granting any offer under this Promotion, and /or vary these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. The Dairy Farm Company, Limited and Samsung Electronic HK Limited accept no liability for such change or suspension / termination.
- Samsung Pay is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Should there be any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.