- Galaxy Note9
- Galaxy Note8
- Galaxy Note5
- Galaxy S9+ / S9
- Galaxy S8+ / S8
- Galaxy S7 edge / S7
- Galaxy S6 edge+
- Galaxy A9
- Galaxy A8 Star
- Galaxy A8+
- Galaxy C9 Pro
- Galaxy C7 Pro
- Galaxy C5 Pro
Introducing Samsung Pay
Samsung Pay is a secure and easy-to-use mobile payment service which can be used to make purchases almost anywhere^.
Simple to use
Works almost anywhere^
Simple, Secure and Works Almost Anywhere^
- Galaxy Watch
- Gear S3
- Gear Sport
Follow these steps to install and activate your Samsung Pay:
Click here to learn more about Samsung Account
Simple to use
It takes just 3 simple steps to use Samsung Pay.
to launch Samsung Pay
with your fingerprint, PIN or Iris
your phone on the
terminal to pay
Iris authentication on Galaxy S9, S9+, S8, S8+, Note9 and Note8 only.
Samsung Pay supports both Near Field Communication (NFC) and Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technologies. It represents that consumers can use Samsung Pay at almost any merchant accepting credit cards in Hong Kong, making shopping or dining easier and more convenient than ever before.
Checkout fast in your apps
Pay fast as you shop in your apps. Rather than entering your credit card number, just select Samsung Pay at checkout and authenticate the purchase with your iris, fingerprint or PIN, securely and conveniently.
Magnetic Secure Transmission*
Accepts payments of any value
(Subject to cardholder's credit limit)
Near Field Communication#
Most accept payments of up to S$100
The First Smart Octopus in Samsung PayΔ
Samsung Pay integrated mobile payment service into a new stage. From now on, you can simply tap to check out daily payments, transportation, building access or carpark admission, etc. Payments made secure and simplier. Smarter life, Smart spending!
Samsung Pay x Smart Watch
You can also enjoy the convenience of Samsung Pay with Smart Watch, supporting MST* and NFC#
Samsung Pay on Smart Watch is compatible with most Galaxy devices, and on most phones with Android OS 4.4 and higher with over 1.5GB RAM which support Galaxy Wearable app.
MST* & NFC#
Our wide range of participating banks, issuers and network partners
Banks and Issuers
Pay with total peace of mind
Payments can also be authorised through highly secure fingerprint authentication, so only you can allow transactions with Samsung Pay.
With our pioneering Iris technology, your payment is even easier than before - simply select Iris, look at your phone to authenticate, and then pay.
Scroll left or right to
select your preferred card
Scan your Iris
Tap to complete transaction
You can also authenticate your identity with a 4-digit PIN code instead of using your iris or fingerprint.
Scroll left or right to
select your preferred card
Enter your Samsung Pay PIN
Tap to complete transaction
Every transaction uses an encrypted digital token for added security.
The industry-leading Samsung Knox security platform monitors malicious software and activities on the Galaxy devices installed with Samsung Pay.
Easy payment via Samsung Pay
You're now able to buy a bottle of water or pick up the dry cleaning, almost anywhere*, and you can swipe your card without taking out your wallet because Gear S3 supports both MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) and NFC (Near Field Communication) payment technologies.
Get started, learn more here
Supported banks include Citi, DBS, Maybank, OCBC, POSB and Standard Chartered Bank.
Samsung Pay on Gear S3 is compatible with most Galaxy devices running Android™ 4.4 and above, including Galaxy S Series (S4, S5, S6 edge/S6 edge+, S7/ S7 edge), Galaxy Note Series (Note 3, Note 4, Note 5, Note Edge), Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy On5, Galaxy A Series (A3, A5, A7, A8, A9), Galaxy Grand Prime, Galaxy J Series (J3, J5), as well as devices from other brands. Tablets are not supported.
Magnetic Secure Transmission
Near Field Communication
Add Credit and Membership Cards
To add your credit cards or membership cards into Samsung Pay, simply scan or manually enter card details. You have them right by your side, always. Wherever you go, you'll be able to enjoy an array of remarkable spending offers.
Add your favourite membership cards in 4 simple steps.
Tap “+ Loyalty cards” in Samsung Pay
Select “Add loyalty cards”
Select the merchant,
or add a card not listed
Scan the barcode or QR code,
or enter the member number manually
Add credit cards to experience Samsung Pay – the simple and secure way to pay.
Tap “+ Credit/debit cards” in Samsung Pay
Scan the credit card
Or enter the card information manually. If your has bees been scanned, just supplement the information as required. Some Card Issuers might require you to provide an address.
Review the Terms of Service,
then tap AGREE TO ALL
Select a verification method
Enter a verification code
Sign your card in the box
Card added. You can add another card.
Welcome Samsung Pay to your business
Accepting Samsung Pay is easy. If you are accepting credit cards, you are all ready for Samsung Pay! Simply send us an email for merchant guidelines and decals for you to show your acceptance.Request for Samsung Pay decals
Frequently asked questions
- Getting started
- How it works
- Samsung Pay on Smart Watch
- What is Samsung Pay?
- Samsung Pay is a secure and easy-to-use mobile payment service which can be used to make purchases almost anywhere.
Leveraging a new proprietary technology called Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) and Near Field Communication (NFC), Samsung Pay makes mobile payment more accessible to both merchants and customers.
- Which devices will support Samsung Pay?
- Samsung Pay is now available on the following devices:
Model NFC1 MST2 Smart Octopus Galaxy Note Galaxy Note9 ○ ○ ○ Galaxy Note8 ○ ○ ○ Galaxy Note5 ○ ○ Galaxy S Galaxy S9+ ○ ○ ○ Galaxy S9 ○ ○ ○ Galaxy S8+ ○ ○ ○ Galaxy S8 ○ ○ ○ Galaxy S7 edge ○ ○ Galaxy S7 ○ ○ Galaxy S6 edge+ ○ ○ Galaxy A Galaxy A9 ○ ○ Galaxy A8 Star ○ ○ Galaxy A8+ ○ ○ ○ Galaxy C Galaxy C9 Pro ○ ○ Galaxy C7 Pro ○ ○ Galaxy C5 Pro ○ ○ Smart Watch Galaxy Watch ○ Gear S3 ○ ○ Gear Sport ○
1. Near Field Communication (NFC)
2. Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST)
- In which countries Samsung Pay are available?
- Samsung Pay has launched in South Korea, the United States of America, China, Spain, Singapore, Australia, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Russia, Thailand, Malaysia and India. Samsung is working to expand Samsung Pay to additional regions.
- Can I use Samsung Pay in foreign countries?
- With Samsung's advance proprietary technology Magnetic Secure Transaction (MST), Samsung Pay can be used almost everywhere around the globe. Please check your card issuer’s policies for transactions in foreign countries. If you can use your current plastic card in the country you are travelling to, you should be able to use the same enrolled card in Samsung Pay to make a payment.
The use of Samsung Pay in each place is subject to the laws and regulations of the service territory and any other rules determined by the relevant merchant, payment processor, payment network, regulator, and government authority. You should check the service availability for your region before use of Samsung Pay.
- Why should I use Samsung Pay instead of my physical cards?
- Samsung Pay offers a simple and convenient payment experience that is quicker than searching through your wallet or purse. Additionally, Samsung Pay adds a level of security to your payment information that physical cards do not have.
When paying in supported mobile apps, you don't need to enter any credit card information. Simply authenicate and the payment transaction completes.
- I want to know details of Samsung Pay promotions held previously.
- You can review the details of Samsung Pay promotions held previously.
> Samsung Pay Early Access Program Promotions
> Samsung Pay Summer Bonanza
> Exclusive Beauty Offers for Samsung Pay users
> Samsung Pay x Cityplaza Rewards
> Exclusive Offer in Goxip Fashion and Beauty App
> Samsung Pay MTR Studio Event
> Smart Octopus March 2018 Events
> Galaxy Studio Shopping Rewards
> 1881 Galaxy Studio Shopping Rewards
> Samsung Pay x Octopus Welcome Offer
> Samsung Pay Speical book fair 2018 offers
- Where can I use Samsung Pay?
- Samsung Pay can be used at almost anywhere. With our properity Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology, merchant that does not equipped with contactless card terminal can still accept Samsung Pay
Also, you can use Samsung Pay for payment in supported mobile apps
- How do I make in-store purchases with Samsung Pay?
- Initiate Samsung Pay by either swiping-up on the screen or opening the Samsung Pay app.
- Select the card you want to pay with by swiping left or right.
- Authenticate using your iris, fingerprint or with the 4 digit Samsung Pay PIN. Place your phone to near the card reader or NFC reader to complete the transaction.
- Can Samsung Pay make online or in-app purchases?
- As of version 2.8.47, you can select Samsung Pay for payment in supported mobile apps. You will be prompted for update your software as necessary.
We currently support Visa and MasterCard for online payment. American Express is currently not avaliable.
- How can I use Samsung Pay to pay in-app?
- After you selected the products and services you wish to pay for in supported mobile apps, you will see the "Samsung Pay" payment option. Simply tap the button and authenicate with your iris, fingerprint or PIN to complete the payment.
- Why I did not receive Samsung Pay payment notification after in-app purchase?
- Push notification may be missed if your Internet connection is unstable or some reasons. You can check your merchant's mobile application or contact their customer service for your order status.
- Am I eligible for the offers and promotions provided to contactless or online payment method?
- Use of Samsung Pay may eligbile for promotions provided from time to time from Credit Card Network and Card Issuers. For details, please contact the promotions provider.
- How can I cancel a payment made using Samsung Pay?
- Cancelling a payment made with Samsung Pay is the same as a physical card. The exact process depends on the policies of your card issuer and the merchant you made the purchase from.
If you purchased online and need to request refund, please contact the customer service of the merchant to assist you.
- How do I return a purchase if I used Samsung Pay to make the payment?
- All purchases made with Samsung Pay can be returned according to the store’s policies. If you return an item paid for with Samsung Pay, the store may require you to tap your phone onto either the card reader or the NFC reader to complete the return.
- Do I need to have an active internet data connection for Samsung Pay to work?
- Samsung Pay requires an active internet connection for card registration and activation. Most cards will allow you to make up to 10 transactions before you will need to connect to the internet and refresh the Samsung Pay information. It is suggest that the device should connect to the internet once per day to ensure that Samsung Pay stays up to date.
When using Samsung Pay for online payment, your phone also needs to connect to Internet for authentication.
- How can I keep track of purchases I've made with Samsung Pay?
- The last 10 transactions* made with Samsung Pay are viewable in the Samsung Pay app. Simply tap on a registered card in the app to see the Samsung Pay transactions made with that card**. Additionally, a real-time*** push notifications with transaction details will be sent after each Samsung Pay purchase.
*Some cards will display the last 20 transactions
**Transaction information is not provided for all cards
***Real-time push notifications require an active internet connection.
- For some cards, Samsung Pay is not keeping track of purchases I have made using the app. Is there an issue with the app or my card?
- No. Transaction history may not be available for selected card types or card issuers. Samsung Pay may not show your transaction history depending on the policies set by your card issuer.
In these cases, you can open your card issuer’s app from the Samsung Pay if you have the app installed on your device; or visit your card issuer’s website to view transaction information.
- The card image I see in Samsung Pay does not match my physical card. Is there an issue with my card?
- No. The card displayed in Samsung Pay may not always exactly match the physical card.
The key points to look for are:
- The Card Issuer (E.g. Bank A, Bank B, Bank C)
- The Card Network (E.g.VISA or MasterCard or American Express)
- The last four digits of the physical card.
- What should I do if I lose my original payment card and then receive a replacement card?
- The cards in Samsung Pay are digital versions of your physical cards. If you lose your original card and receive a replacement, you may need to remove the respective card from Samsung Pay and register the replacement card again.
For your convenience, many card issuers will link your new physical card to your digital card in Samsung Pay. This allows you to continue using Samsung Pay while you wait for the new physical card to arrive.
- What should I do if I receive a renewal card as the original card has expired?
- The cards in Samsung Pay are digital versions of your physical cards. If you receive a renewal card to replace your expired card, you may need to remove the respective card from Samsung Pay and register the replacement card again.
For your convenience, many card issuers will link your new physical card to your digital card in Samsung Pay.
- How can I report when error occurs?
- Can I continue to use my physical payment card if I disable Samsung Pay or remove the digital equivalent on Samsung Pay?
- Yes. When you disable Samsung Pay or remove a registered card, you are only suspending the digital card that has been assigned to your device for that card. If you wish to suspend your physical card, please contact your card issuer for assistance.
- How is my default payment card in Samsung Pay determined?
- There is not a "default" card in Samsung Pay. When you open the app or activate the favourite cards by swiping up from the Home Key on supported screens, the first card displayed is either the last card you registered or the last card you viewed or used.
- What is the "Retry" button I see when I am trying to make a payment?
- The “Retry” button appears when the countdown timer is coming to its end and the device has not detected an NFC payment or has not received a notification of a successful payment.
The “retry” button allows you to extend the transaction time for once, without reauthorizing using your iris, fingerprint or PIN.
The retry button will not be shown when an NFC transaction is completed, or if a payment success notification is received.
- If the merchant refuse to accept Samsung Pay, what should I do?
- The cashier is asking me for the last four digits of my card number. I provided them the number, but the transaction failed. What went wrong?
- In rare cases, the merchant may ask you for the last four digits of the card number.
You will need to provide the last four digits of the digital card number, instead of the last four digits of the physical card. For ease of use, it is located at the top-right of the card in the favourite cards screen, and in the main app when viewing your registered cards.
- What do I need to use Samsung Pay?
- To use Samsung Pay, you need:
A compatible Samsung device*
A supported payment card from a participating bank
A Samsung account
Registered iris, fingerprint or Samsung Pay PIN
To be located in the country of the participating card issuer**
*If compatible, newer devices will have Samsung Pay preloaded
**For the verification purposes, you shoudl locate in the same region of the participating bank when adding a payment card in Samsung Pay
- My mobile phone comes with Samsung Pay but I cannot use it, why?
- Samsung Pay is customized for every region for the best customer experience. If you purchase a Samsung Galaxy mobile device from other regions, you will not able to use Samsung Pay.
For device purchase from Hong Kong and Macau, you will need to install a Hong Kong SIM card to use Samsung Pay as the service is not yet available in Macau.
- Where can I download and install Samsung Pay?
- Please obtain the Samsung Pay application with the procedure as described below.
Galaxy Note9, Note8, S9, S9+, S8, S8+, A9 and A8+
Samsung Pay is already preloaded on your device. If you're unable to find it, simply go to Google Play to download the app.
Galaxy A8 Star
Samsung Pay is already preloaded on your device. If you're unable to find it, simply go to Galaxy Apps to download the app.
Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy C9 Pro, Galaxy C7 Pro and Galaxy C5 Pro
- Go to Phone Settings
- Click "About Device"
- Tap "Download updates manually"
Samsung Pay will be installed with the Software Update. You can then tap on the Samsung Pay application as shown below in the App screen to install Samsung Pay.
- How can I add my card?
- Cards can be added by scanning your card with Samsung Pay or inputting the card information manually. Then, depending on the policies set by your card issuer, Samsung Pay will verify your identity through a text message, email or a phone call.
If you used Samsung Pay before, we will import the card you previously added so you don't need to enter the credit card numbers again. By providing the requested details and verify your identity, you can add the card to your new phone with ease.
- How many bank cards can I add into Samsung Pay? Which are the supported bank cards?
- You can add up to 10 bank cards at Samsung Pay.
Samsung Pay supports personal credit and debit cards issued by the following card issuers:
Card Issuer Credit Debit American Express ○ Bank of China (Hong Kong) Mastercard ○ Visa ○ Citibank Mastercard ○ Visa ○ ○ Dah Sing Bank Mastercard ○ Visa ○ DBS Bank Mastercard ○ Visa ○ Hang Seng Bank Mastercard ○ Visa ○ HSBC Mastercard ○ Visa ○ Standard Chartered Bank Mastercard ○ Visa ○
- Can I add the same card with more than one device using Samsung Pay?
- Yes. The total number of devices you can add a card to may vary. Contact your card issuer for more details.
- How long will it take for my card to activate after adding it to Samsung Pay?
- The average time between the completing application to activiate should be within minutes, but can take up to 10 minutes if any additional verification requirements are needed.
If this amount of time has been exceeded, remove the card from Samsung Pay and add it again. Contact your card issuer for assistance if you continue to encounter delays.
- When I attempt to add a card to Samsung Pay, a message is telling me that it cannot provision my card and to contact my bank. What can I do?
- We suggest contacting the card issuer for further information. Not all card types are eligible to use with Samsung Pay.
Additionally, there may be other items required prior adding a card with the Samsung Pay service. Only your card issuer will have these details.
- Can I use Wi-Fi to add my card in Samsung Pay?
- Yes. However, for the best experience, the device should have a SIM card installed. If you encounter any issues when adding the card over Wi-Fi, we suggest switching to a mobile data connection.
- Can I add a card when I am outside Hong Kong?
- Yes. However, your device will require to install with a Hong Kong Mobile SIM Card to install and activate Samsung Pay. You are strongly recommend to add your card to Samsung Pay in Hong Kong.
Attempting to add and activate a card while you are outside Hong Kong may also require you to contact your card issuer during the process.
- How do I remove my card from Samsung Pay?
- You can delete your card by selecting the card in the Samsung Pay application, tap the menu icon at the top right hand corner, then tap "delete card".
- How secure is Samsung Pay?
- When you add a card to Samsung Pay, a device specific digital card is allocated by Samsung Pay and Card Network through tokenization represents your physical card. The digital card is stored in Secure Envionment using Samsung Knox technology to protect your payment information. Your physical card details are not stored by Samsung Pay except the last 4 digit of your card number for easy identification.
During payment in physical shop or online shopping, Samsung Pay app verifies your identity with your Iris, Fingerprint or a 4 digit Samsung Pay specific PIN, to ensure each payment is authorised by you.
- What is Tokenization?
- Tokenization is a method of replacing your sensitive payment card information (Card Number, Expiration Date, Security code, etc.) with a device-specific digital card, or ‘Token’ which acts as a surrogate value. In mobile payments, Tokens are used to protect your payment information and to reduce the security risks inherent to plastic cards.
- What is a Secure Environment, or Trusted Execution Environment?
- A Secure Environment is a physically segregated environment in the phone which carries out secure operations such as iris and fingerprint authentication and storing payment information. Normal applications has no access to the information in a Secure Environment.
- How is Samsung Knox used with Samsung Pay?
- Samsung Knox runs scans to see if your device is secure. Samsung Knox will permanently disable Samsung Pay on a compromised device in order to protect your payment information.
- Does Samsung Pay store my personal/payment information on a server or my device?
- No. Samsung does not store your payment information on a Samsung server or the device.
Samsung Pay does not change the way your payment information is stored or handled when you make purchases. Your payment information will continue to be managed by your card network and card issuer.
Only a device-specific digital card, which is used to replace your sensitive payment information, is stored on the device.
- What should I do if my device is lost or stolen?
- If your device is lost or stolen, you can use Samsung’s Find My Mobile service to Lock Samsung Pay (remotely disable) or to Wipe Samsung Pay (remove all the payment cards registered onto your device). For details please visit
- Does Samsung Pay have access to my bank accounts?
- No. Samsung Pay does not have access to your bank accounts.
- Will my Samsung Pay information still be on my device if it is formatted?
- No. Formatting your device will remove all bank cards registered to your device.
When you login Samsung Pay again with your Samsung Account, we will retrieve the card information of your previous enrolled so you can activiate with ease.
- Are you storing any additional card information to enable import feature?
- No, Samsung Pay is not storing any additional data to enable this feature. We are only using reference id and meta data to enable this feature, not actual card numbers.
- If I would to switch phones, do I need to add the cards all over again?
- You would need to reactiviate your cards again if you were to change your phone.
If you no longer use your old device, you can factory reset it to erase the added card so you can safely dispose your phone.
- How do I use "Find My Mobile" to manage Samsung Pay?
- If your device is lost or stolen, your payment information will not be accessible without your iris, fingerprint or Samsung Pay PIN. For added security, the Samsung Find My Mobile service can remotely lock or erase your payment cards in Samsung Pay.
- What permissions is needed to use Samsung Pay?
- When using Samsung Pay, we will obain your permission to access the following service.
Validate if the phone is eligible for using Samsung Pay
Access the Samsung Account logged in to your device
To scan your bank cards and membership card so you can add them to Samsung Pay easily
- What is MST?
- Magnetic Secure Transmission™ or MST, is a groundbreaking method of sending data using magnetic waves. MST replicates a card swipe by wirelessly transmitting magnetic waves from the supported Samsung device to a standard card reader. MST turns every card reader into a contactless payment receiver.
However some card reader may not able to accept a MST based transaction due to software and hardware limitations.
American Express is a MST-first issuer. Card members can use Samsung Pay at almost any eligible American Express merchant via MST or NFC. Should customers have any questions, please contact American Express customer service hotline.
- What is NFC?
- Near Field Communication or NFC is a method of wirelessly transmitting data using radio waves. Samsung Pay uses NFC to wirelessly transmit payment data to payment terminals with NFC readers that have been activated for use.
- What is the difference between MST and NFC technology?
- For Samsung Pay, either MST or NFC technology can be used to make secure, contactless transactions. The key difference is that almost all merchants can accept MST, which makes Samsung Pay the most accepted mobile payment service on the market.
- Which is more secure, MST or NFC?
- In the context of Samsung Pay, MST and NFC have the same level of security. The payment information transmitted by both MST and NFC is protected using tokenization.
- How close does the device have to be to the card reader for MST to work?
- The device must be placed within 5cm of the card reader in order for MST to work.
- How accurate is the fingerprint scanner?
- The fingerprint scanner is very accurate. It has a “False-Acceptance Rate” less than .002%.
- How accurate is the iris scanner?
- The iris and fingerprint scanner is very accurate. It has a “False-Acceptance Rate” less than .00001%.
- What happens if the device cannot recongize my iris or fingerprint?
- You can enter the Samsung Pay PIN you created as a backup option. Samsung Pay will not accept iris or fingerprint authentication after 5 attempts, and will remove the data from the app and deregister all linked cards if there has been 20 consecutive attempts to authenticate using incorrect Samsung Pay PIN.
- If I send in my phone for repair, do I have to reset Samsung Pay?
- If you use Smart Octopus service, you will need to backup your Smart Octopus in Samsung Pay so you can transfer after repairing your device. We strongly recommend reset the Samsung Pay App and / or reset your mobile device through "Factory Data Reset" before visiting our service centre for repair. All payment information in Samsung Pay will be deleted. You will need to set up Samsung Pay and add your bank card again.
- If I reset my device, what happens to my Samsung Pay service?
- When performing a factory data reset, all bank card and Smart Octopus in Samsung Pay will be deleted. You will need to backup your Smart Octopus in Samsung Pay prior to reset so your Smart Octopus can be transfer to the same or other device using the same Samsung account. You will need to set up and add your bank card and Smart Octopus into Samsung Pay again.
- What should I do if I have an issue adding a card to Samsung Pay?
- Please contact the card issuer and verify you are adding an eligible payment card. Some cards from participating card issuer may not be supported in Samsung Pay.
Samsung Pay also requires an active internet connection when adding each card. Verify that you are connected to the internet via a Wi-Fi network or your mobile data connection.
- How can I add a loyalty card to Samsung Pay?
- In Samsung Pay, select “Add” on the top right-hand corner in Samsung Pay and tap on “Add loyalty cards”. Search for and select a merchant from the merchant list. You can scan your loyalty card or manually enter the respective card number.
Alternatively, click on "loyalty cards" in Samsung Pay to add your loyalty card. Please be reminded while Samsung Pay provides you with the convenience of storing your loyalty card electronically, use of the loyalty card is subject to the terms and conditions of the membership program. Merchant can at its sole discretionary to accept the loyalty card.
- What if I can't find a loyalty card that I want in the list?
- You can add a card manually by selecting “Add a card that is not in the list.”
- Can I register loyalty cards without barcodes?
- Yes. To do so, click “Add a card that is not in the list”. Take a picture of the front and/or back of the card and fill in the relevant information.
- How many loyalty cards can I add?
- You can add as many loyalty cards as you wish; however, only a total of 12 cards (loyalty and credit cards) can be added as Favourite Cards. You may select which credit and loyalty cards you would like to access with Favourite Cards by selecting “Settings”, then “Manage Favourite Cards”.
- How do I present my loyalty cards in Samsung Pay to the cashier?
- Activate Favourite Cards when at the check-out counter or cashier. Swipe right or left to select the loyalty cards. If your loyalty cards is not added in Favourite Cards, select your card from the banner towards the upper right hand corner of the Favourite Cards screen. Tap on the card and show its barcode (top of screen) to the cashier.
Alternatively, you can select your card from loyalty cards list. Tap on "Tap to use card" and present the barcode/card number to the cashier.
- What should I do if the membership is unable to scan my barcode correctly?
- Should the barcode be unable to be scanned correctly, show the card number below the barcode to the cashier.
- How does Samsung Pay work on Smart Watch?
Samsung Pay works on Gear S3 by Near Field Communication (NFC) technology and Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technologies, allowing users to make a payment at almost anywhere.
You can also use NFC payment capability to pay at supported contactless card reader with your Galaxy Watch and Gear Sport.
Once you have enabled Samsung Pay on Smart Watch, you can pay by launching the app, selecting desired card, and holding your Smart Watch near the card terminal. Samsung Pay on Smart Watch works even if you don't have your phone with you. Samsung Pay on Gear does not store or share your payment information and payments are authenticated by secure PIN.
- What are the device/OS requirements for Samsung Pay on Smart Watch?
Any Samsung & Non-Samsung phones with Android OS 4.4 and higher with over 1.5GB RAM which support Galaxy Wearable app.
- How do I install Samsung Pay for Smart Watch?
If you are using a Samsung device:
- Launch Galaxy Wearable App and select your Smart Watch
- Tap on Open Samsung Pay from "Info" tab or "Samsung Pay" on Settings tab.
- If you can't locate Galaxy Wearable App in your device, please install Galaxy Wearable App from Google Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Apps
If you are using a non-Samsung device:
- Please install Galaxy Wearable App from Google Play Store.
- Launch Galaxy Wearable App and select your Smart Watch.
- Tap on Open Samsung Pay from "Info" tab or "Samsung Pay" on Settings tab.
- How can I register my card in Samsung Pay on Smart Watch?
You can register your cards through Galaxy Wearable App.
- Launch Galaxy Wearable App on your phone.
- Connect your phone to Smart Watch via Bluetooth if it is not already connected.
- Tap on "Open Samsung Pay" under info tab.
- Tap on "Add card" shown on the screen to register your card.
* You will need to register a new PIN lock if you have not set it before.
- You can either scan your physical cards or enter your cards details manually.
- Select authentication method and enter the authentication code to complete registration.
- Do cards already registered in Samsung Pay app on my phone automatically import to my Smart Watch?
No. Samsung Pay app in your mobile phone is different from the one for Smart Watch.
You need to add your cards separately in Galaxy Wearable app in order to use Samsung Pay on your Smart Watch.
- How do I make in-store purchases with Samsung Pay on Smart Watch?
- Press and hold the Back button to launch Samsung Pay. You may need to enter your PIN if you have not do so yet.
- Select the card you want to pay by by rotating the bezel or swipe left or right.
- Tap on the "Pay" button.
- Place your Smart Watch near the card terminal to pay.
Only Gear S3 supports payment with MST
- Press and hold the Back button to launch Samsung Pay. You may need to enter your PIN if you have not do so yet.
- How can I keep track of purchases I’ve made with Samsung Pay on Gear?
- The transaction history is shown in the Galaxy Wearable App.
- Can I use Samsung Pay on Smart Watch without connecting to my phone?
- Yes, you can still use Samsung Pay on Smart Watch without connecting it to your phone.
Most cards will allow you to make up to 10 transactions* before you will need to connect to the internet and refresh the Samsung Pay information.
* Please note that the number of transactions is subjected to the card issuer's policies.
- How secure is Samsung Pay on the Smart Watch? Without a fingerprint scanner, how can I be sure someone won’t use my credit or debit cards if I lose my watch?
- Samsung Pay on Smart Watch protects your card information with the advanced security by using tokenization, KNOX and PIN protection to make secure payments. Cards data is synced to Gear from your mobile deivce via a secured Bluetooth channel.
You will need to setup PIN when you activated Samsung Pay on your Smart Watch. You must enter your PIN each time you put on the Smart Watch, and you won’t need to enter your PIN again until you take your Smart Watch off.
- Is the PIN of Samsung Pay on Smart Watch the same as the Smart Watch device PIN?
- Yes. There is only one PIN used on the Smart Watch.
- Do I have to enter my secure PIN for each payment?
- If the Smart Watch is strapped on your wrist, you only have to enter the PIN once before all subsequent payments. If you take the Smart Watch off your wrist, your have to enter the PIN each time before putting the Smart Watch into payment mode.
- How close do I have to place my Smart Watch to the payment terminal in order for the payment to work?
- Device should be placed approximately an inch to the NFC or card terminal in order for the payment to work.
- What will happen if I have entered the incorrect PIN for multiple times?
- If you have enter the incorrect PIN multiple for 10 times, Samsung Pay on Smart Watch will reset. All registered cards and information on Smart Watch will be deleted.
- Do you need to re-enroll your bank card to Samsung Pay if you change new phone or Smart Watch?
- Use latest Samsung Pay app version and just sign in to your Samsung Account. Visa, Mastercard, Amex Cards will be downloaded for you automatically, you just need to activate them.
You agree that the use of Samsung Pay in each place is subject to the laws and regulations of the region and any other rules determined by the relevant merchant, payment processor, payment network, card issuer, regulator, and government authority. You should check the service availability for your region before use of Samsung Pay.
* Devices supporting MST: Galaxy Note9, Note8, S9, S9+, S8, S8+, A9, A8+, S7 edge, S7, S6 edge+, Note5 and Gear S3.
# Devices supporting NFC: Galaxy Note9, Note8, S9, S9+, S8, S8+, A9, A8 Star, A8+, S7 edge, S7, S6 edge+, Note5, C9 Pro, C7 Pro, C5 Pro, Galaxy Watch, Gear S3 and Gear Sport.
Δ Devices supporting Smart Octopus: Galaxy Note9, Note8, S9, S9+, S8, S8+, A9, A8 Star, A8+, C9 Pro, C7 Pro and C5 Pro.
Some card issuers may not support all card types. Please contact your card issuer for details.
All video and images are for reference only.
Iris Scanner might not work properly due to environmental factors.
All other products and services mentioned may belong to their respective trademark owners.
To unsubscribe receiving Samsung Pay promotion information, please contact Samsung Pay hotline:+852-21219088.
To find out your Samsung Account
Go to phone Settings -> Accounts -> Click on Samsung Account
To create a Samsung Account
Sign up here (Select Sign Up on the top right) - https://account.samsung.com/account/signUp.do
Go to phone Settings -> Add Account -> Select Samsung Account