Connecting to a wired LAN with Windows 10
You can connect a LAN cable to your computer to use the internet. In most cases you will not need to manually configure the IP address, but if you have already connected the Ethernet cable and still aren’t getting the internet you should follow the steps below.
- this feature may not be supported in all models, and its function and procedure may differ depending on the model.
- you will need an IP address to connect to a wired LAN, if this is not automatically assigned you can look it up in Network and Internet settings.
Connecting to a wired LAN
Please note: check the location of the port, since it may vary between laptop and desktop models, then connect the cable.
Connect a LAN cable to the port at the back of the desktop computer.
If there is no LAN port on the side of the laptop computer, use a LAN adapter to connect.
Please note: the name of the network device may vary depending on the model.
- the name of the network component may vary depending on the Windows operating system.
- to add network items such as client, service, and protocol, click install at the bottom of the network list.
- if your IP is not automatically assigned you can look it up in Network and Internet settings.
- to enter a fixed IP address, click Use the following IP address and then enter the address.
We would love to know your feedback to help us improve. Please click submit to tell us what you think.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.