What is a Cellular network or Mobile network?
A Cellular network or Mobile network is a radio network distributed over land areas called cells, each served by at least one fixed-location transceiver, known as a cell site or base station. In a cellular network, each cell uses a different set of frequencies from neighboring cells, to avoid interference and provide guaranteed bandwidth within each cell.
( Cellular Network Towers )
Know more about Cellular Networks :
● When joined together these cells provide radio coverage over a wide geographic area.
● This enables a large number of portable transceivers (e.g., mobile phones, pagers, etc.) to communicate with each other and with fixed transceivers and telephones anywhere in the network, via base stations.
Advantages of Cellular networks :
● It is flexible enough to use the features and functions of almost all public and private networks.
● It has increased capacity.
● It consumes less power.
● It can be distributed to larger coverage area.
● It reduces interference from other signals.
CLICK HERE to know how to scan for available Mobile networks in Samsung Galaxy Note II ( GT-N7100 ).
CLICK HERE to know how to access Mobile Network option in Jellybean 4.2 and above based Samsung Smartphones.