Galaxy phone is heating up, is this normal?
1) The content is only for devices purchased from India.
2) Images and steps may vary depending on Operating system.
When you use features or apps that require more power or use them for extended periods, your device may temporarily Heat up due to increased battery consumption. Close any running apps and do not use the device for a while.
Following reasons will lead to device heating issue
• During the initial setup after purchase or when restoring data
• Downloading large files
• Using apps that require more power or using apps for extended periods such as
–Playing high-quality games for long time
– Recording videos for extended periods
– Streaming videos while using the maximum brightness setting
– Using the Screen Mirroring / Smart View feature (connecting mobile to a TV)
• While multitasking or when running many apps in the background i.e.
– Using Multi window
– Updating or installing apps while recording videos
– Downloading large files during a video call
– Recording videos while using a navigation app
• Large amount of data for syncing with the cloud, email, or other accounts
• Exposing device under sunlight when temperature is high around you
• Extensive usage of mobile hotspot and tethering feature
• Using device in areas with weak signals or no reception or in roaming network
• Charging the battery with a damaged / unapproved USB cable
• Device’s multipurpose jack is damaged or exposed to foreign materials, such as liquid, dust, metal powder, and pencil lead
Turn off Wi-fi, GPS , bluetooth and other connectivity options when not in use by dragging the notification panel.
Decrease screen brightness by dragging down the notification panel since high brightness level may result in device heating.
Close applications when they are not in use by using the recent application button.
Too many applications installed in device may result in device heating since their corresponding process will keep on running in background. It is advised to uninstall un-necessary apps if not using them.
Avoid using apps like GPS, data dependent apps or graphic intensive games for longer duration since they require more energy to function, causing device to heat.
It is advised not to use device while charging as it may cause the device to over heat.
Please follow below steps to boot the device in Safe Mode:-
If your device functions correctly in Safe Mode, it is most likely that the issue lies with a 3rd party application that can be uninstalled to resolve the problem.
Note:- There are 3 different ways to exit Safe Mode:-
Hold Volume Down and Power key for at least 5 seconds to force the device to restart.
Hold Power key and tap on Restart.
Drag the Notification panel. Select the notification Safe Mode is on and tap Turn Off on the prompt to restart the device.
If you're experiencing unusual behaviour on Samsung mobiles, tablets or wearables, you can send us an error report or ask us a question in the Samsung Members app. This allows us to take a closer look at what is happening. The data is anonymised and only held for the duration of the investigation. Find out more about sending an error report through the Samsung Members app.