Why the device heats up during use?
When you use features or apps that require more power or use them for extended periods, your device may temporarily Heat up due to increased battery consumption. Close any running apps and do not use the device for a while.
The following are examples of situations in which the device may overheat :
• During the initial setup after purchase or when restoring data
• When downloading large files
• When using apps that require more power or using apps for extended periods
– When playing high-quality games for extended periods
– When recording videos for extended periods
– When streaming videos while using the maximum brightness setting
– When using the Screen Mirroring feature (When connecting to a TV)
• While multitasking (or, when running many apps in the background)
– When using Multi window
– When updating or installing apps while recording videos
– When downloading large files during a video call
– When recording videos while using a navigation app
• When using large amount of data for syncing with the cloud, email, or other accounts
• When using a navigation app in a car while the device is placed in direct sunlight
• When using the mobile hotspot and tethering feature
• When using the device in areas with weak signals or no reception
• When charging the battery with a damaged USB cable
• When the device’s multipurpose jack is damaged or exposed to foreign materials, such as liquid, dust, metal powder, and pencil lead
• When you are roaming
Do the following when the device heats up :
• Keep the device updated with the latest software.
• Conflicts between running apps may cause the device to heat up. Restart the device.
• Deactivate the Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth features when not using them.
• Close apps that increase battery consumption or that run in the background when not in use.
• Delete unnecessary files or unused apps.
• Decrease the screen brightness.
• If the device overheats or feels hot for a prolonged period, do not use it for a while. If the device continues to overheat, contact a Samsung Service Centre.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Samsung is pleased to offer Chatbot support for Samsung products related queries. You can also choose to connect with our Live Chat agent.
Services available 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India Only 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh Only 8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
Only 8.30AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal Only 8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .