1. This contest is organized by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd. (“Samsung”)
2. The MalaysiaDiHatiku Duet Challenge or #MalaysiaDiHatiku Duet Challenge (“Contest") will run from Friday, 20th August 2021 and end at 11:59 PM on Thursday, 2nd September 2021 (“Contest Period”).
Samsung reserves the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice.
3. This Contest is open to Participants who are:
a. Residents of Malaysia;
b. Aged 18 years old and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 20th August 2021).
4. Employees or agents of Samsung or any of its group companies or their families or households or anyone connected to this Contest are not eligible to participate.
How to Participate
5. This Contest will run on TikTok:
a. Participants will need to:
i. Perform the #MalaysiaDiHatiku Duet Challenge on their TikTok accounts and upload video submission on TikTok feed, include hashtags #MalaysiaDiHatiku and #SamsungMalaysia. Multiple entries are accepted.
ii. Include a creative caption of positivity to complete their TikTok video.
iii. Ensure that TikTok account is set to public so entry/ entries can be seen by Samsung.
iv. Ensure that their participations or videos are submitted according to the Contest Period.
b. Three (3) winners will be selected based on the creativity and judge’s sole discretion at the end of the Contest Period.
c. The Contest will end at 11:59 PM on Thursday, 2nd September 2021. Entries received after this will not be entertained or qualified as a valid entry.
6. Winners’ Announcement will be made on the Samsung Malaysia website on Thursday, 16th September 2021. Samsung reserves the right to amend the announcement date without prior notice.
7. Participants that have been identified as winners will then be required to provide their contact details (name, IC number, mobile number, email address, and mailing address) by Thursday, 23rd September 2021, failing which Samsung shall have the right to select another winner(s).
8. Submissions will be judged on these following criteria:
● Creativity and originality of submission for both the TikTok video and caption.
● Participants must submit videos of the hashtag duet challenge within the Contest Period.
● Participants are allowed to upload as many submissions as possible. Winners are selected based on best duet song and creativity of the caption in the submitted video. The judges’ decision is final.
9. Prize: Samsung Galaxy A32 device.
a. Three (3) winners will be selected to receive One (1) unit of the Samsung A32 device each. Color of device is to be determined by Organiser.
10. Prizes are given out on an ”As Is” basis and are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable for cash or with vouchers of other denominations, whether in part or in full.
11. Judges’ decision will be final. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
12. Each Participant is entitled to win one (1) Prize only in the Contest.
Delivery of Prize(s) and Prize Redemption
13. In regards to awarding prizes, Samsung may have access to part of the winner’s information.
14. Samsung reserves the right to appoint a third party (3rd) party vendor or service provider to handle the fulfilment or making available of the Prizes and delivery of the Prize(s) to you. By providing your personal information including name, delivery address, contact numbers, email address and other information to Samsung, you agree that Samsung can use and/or disclose to such third party (3rd) party vendor or service provider for the purposes of delivery service.
15. Samsung shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, delays or non-delivery of the prize.
Terms of Participation
16. By entering this Contest, the Participant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted video is an original work and does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity; and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the submission.
17. Copyright of all photos submitted to this competition remains with the Participants. However, by participating in this Contest, Participants agree to grant Samsung a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, license to use, reproduce, copy, publicly display, sublicense, modify and fully exploit any photo submitted.
18. Samsung will not be responsible for any inaccurate details provided by the Participant to claim their Prizes if any.
19. Each Participant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to this contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, entry, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products: and grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken in respect of this contest. Each Participants agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Facebook, Instagram and TikTok profile photo and details):
a. In connection with this contest and/or Samsung products;
b. For the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products;
c. In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram;
at Samsung’s sole discretion and royalty-free and without obligation of attribution or consent. Each Participant hereby irrevocably grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
20. Participants will only be confirmed as winners after the verification of validity of each participation. Samsung reserves the right to check the validity of any participation. Entries failing to comply with the Terms and Conditions herein will not be accepted. Samsung reserves the right to disqualify any Participant suspected of fraud, or if Samsung believes that the Participant’s entry and/or results has been manipulated in any way by machines or computers.
21. Each Participant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to this Contest.
Liability and Responsibility
22. Each Participant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, fulfilment agencies and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind by anyone including third party in connection with the Contest resulting from the entries submitted and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, or travel to or from any Contest activity, including without limitation, infringement of intellectual property or trademark rights, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
Rights of Samsung
23. Samsung reserves the right to reject any post/winner at its sole and absolute discretion without having to assign any reasons whatsoever.
24. Samsung reserves the right to change the Prizes with item(s) of equal value and to change these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
25. In case of any dispute, Samsung reserves the right to make the final decision. Samsung’s decision is final and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
26. Samsung does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any prize will be delivered to any prize winner. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Samsung disclaims all warranties and representations of any of any kind, express or implied, including any representation that any prize shall be delivered or transferred to the winner(s). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by the law, Samsung (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this contest, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a. Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung’s control);
b. Any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
c. Any claim or prize(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Samsung) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung;
d. Any variation to the prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions;
e. Any tax liability incurred by a Participant; or
f. Use of the prize(s).
27. Samsung reserves the absolute right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest with or without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by Samsung shall not entitle the Participants to any claim or compensation against Samsung for any and/or all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
28. Samsung reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
30. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each Participant irrevocable submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.