How does Child Lock work on my washing machine?
Please Note: The information on this page is for New Zealand products only. Sequences or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
The Child-Lock function is a safety feature that protects children from accidentally getting hurt, when the washing machine is powered on. This function also protects elderly and the frail.
To enable the Child-Lock function, follow the steps below:
Note: You cannot perform this function if the washing machine is Off.
● Even if the Child-Lock function is activated, every button should work until the door opens.
● When you open the door while the Child-Lock function is active, the alarm should sound and an error message should appear. In 30 seconds, draining should begin automatically. However, if you close the door within 30 seconds, water should not drain. (The machine should display error messages such as “CL”, “dE”).
● If 30 seconds have passed after opening the cover when the Child-Lock function is active, "CL" is displayed and the washer will not run. If there is water in the washing tub, the water will automatically be drained.
● De-activate Child-Lock function to add more laundry.
Note: CL is a code displayed when the Child-Lock function is active.
Additional things to know about Child-Lock function:
● This function is to prevent injury and malfunction of the product due to inappropriate operations or actions by children, the elderly or the frail.
● If the door opens when the Child-Lock function is activated, the water will be drained by force to prevent children from drowning.
● Even if the power is turned Off and then On, the Child-Lock remains activate.
● Once Child-Lock is activated; even when the power is turned Off or if the door is opened, water will automatically be drained within 30 seconds.
● The Child-Lock function cannot be deactivated when "CL" prompt is displayed. However, the Child-Lock function can be deactivated when the "dE" error is displayed.
● The steps will be slightly different for some models
● With Child Lock function on, an alarm will go off and error message (CL,dE) will pop up as soon as the door is opened. Drain will automatically begin after 30 seconds and it cannot be stopped in the middle of the cycle, even if the power is being switched off. If the door is closed before 30 seconds, water will not be drained
● To add more laundry after Child Lock function is set, always remember to clear the feature before proceeding
You can download the user manual from our Manuals & Downloads page. For all other queries or further technical assistance, please call Samsung Customer Care on 0800 726 786 or Live Chat with our Technical Team online, services are open 24 hours, 7 days.