My Refrigerator Does Not Make Enough Ice
* Please note, this section is designed to give you basic product troubleshooting information, also refer to your user manual for more information.
Samsung refrigerator freezers produce around 120 cubes per day.
Empty the ice tray and let the unit run for 24 hours. If fewer than 50 cubes are produced during the 24-hour test, then your refrigerator requires service.
If your freezer is producing 50 to 90 cubes per day, try the following:
• Set the freezer temperature display to a lower setting. Freezer temperature must be -19 degrees celcius or less for the ice maker to work properly.
• Make sure that the water valve on the refrigerator water supply line is completely open. You can find the water valve where the refrigerator water supply line taps into your house water line.
• If you have a water filter in your refrigerator, change the filter cartridge. For instructions, see your Users Manual.
If you want your freezer to produce more than 120 ice cubes in a day, try the following:
• An ice maker typically makes 1 tray of ice every 90 minutes. To shorten the amount of time the freezer takes to produce a tray of ice, set the freezer temperature display to a lower setting.
• If your refrigerator has a Power Freeze function, press the Power Freeze button to speed up the ice making process. In the Power Freeze mode, both the compressor and the freezer fan run for 10 hours continuously.
The ice making interval is reduced from 90 minutes to 55 minutes. If the ice bucket fills in less than 10 hours, Power Freeze stops automatically.
NOTE: If you have just installed your refrigerator, it will take 6 to 12 hours for the refrigerator to produce ice.
* You should throw away the first three batches of ice cubes that the ice maker produces (approximately 30 cubes) to ensure the ice maker is making ice from clean water.
** If above provided solution does not fix the issue and the problems persist, the unit may require service.
Please contact Samsung Customer Service as per info below.
** "To aid us in creating better support content for you, kindly complete the survey below if your query was resolved. Your rating and comments should only be based on the above content.
For all other queries or further technical assistance, please call Samsung Customer Care on 0800 726 786 or Live Chat with our Technical Team online, services are open 24 hours, 7 days."
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
24 hours / 7 days a week
0800 M SAMSUNG
24 hours / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.