My Refrigerator Does Not Make Enough Ice
Please Note: The information on this page is for New Zealand products only. Sequences or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
There are a few factors that can cause an ice maker to not work. If the ice maker appears to not be making any or enough ice, low water pressure or a faulty water filter may be to blame. When the ice maker makes small, cloudy, or clumped ice, it could be something as simple as a dirty water filter, low water pressure, or high mineral deposits in your water. In the event of a frozen ice bucket, some troubleshooting may be needed, and service may be required.
Samsung refrigerator freezers produce around 120 cubes per day.
Empty the ice tray and let the unit run for 24 hours. If fewer than 50 cubes are produced during the 24-hour test, then your refrigerator requires service.
• Set the freezer temperature display to a lower setting. Freezer temperature must be -19 degrees celcius or less for the ice maker to work properly.
• Make sure that the water valve on the refrigerator water supply line is completely open. You can find the water valve where the refrigerator water supply line taps into your house water line.
• If you have a water filter in your refrigerator, change the filter cartridge. For instructions, see your Users Manual.
• An ice maker typically makes 1 tray of ice every 90 minutes. To shorten the amount of time the freezer takes to produce a tray of ice, set the freezer temperature display to a lower setting.
• If your refrigerator has a Power Freeze function, press the Power Freeze button to speed up the ice making process. In the Power Freeze mode, both the compressor and the freezer fan run for 10 hours continuously.The ice making interval is reduced from 90 minutes to 55 minutes. If the ice bucket fills in less than 10 hours, Power Freeze stops automatically.
Most ice buckets can be removed by pulling them straight out. Some models may need to be slightly lifted up before removing. If you aren't sure how to remove it, look in your user manual to make sure you are removing it correctly. If the ice bucket can't be easily removed, it's more than likely frozen. If this happens, do not use force to remove it, or use anything such as a hair dryer to defrost it. Please call Samsung Customer Service
If a block of ice forms in the freezer ice bucket, clear the ice away and look for a white wire hanging down from the ice maker. If you see this wire, please call Samsung Customer service. If you don't see the wire, then it's possible the ice is from a spill in the ice bucket. Continue to use the refrigerator, and if another block of ice occurs, service is required.
If your ice maker is frozen over with a sheet of ice, please call Samsung Customer Service.
NOTE: If you have just installed your refrigerator, it will take 6 to 12 hours for the refrigerator to produce ice.
* You should throw away the first three batches of ice cubes that the ice maker produces (approximately 30 cubes) to ensure the ice maker is making ice from clean water.
** If above provided solution does not fix the issue and the problems persist, the unit may require service. Please contact Samsung Customer Service.