An OTG or On The Go adapter (sometimes called an OTG cable, or OTG connector) allows you to connect a full sized USB flash drive or USB A cable to your phone or tablet through the Micro USB or USB-C charging port. You may have gotten one in the box when you purchased your device, although they can also be purchased seperately from lots of major retailers. It allows the transfer of data as well as connectivity to peripherals.
You can do the following with an OTG cable:
- Plug in keyboards and mouse to the mobile
- Access USB sticks and external hard drives ** (no need to store on device if using file manager to access)
- Tansfer photos directly from a compatible camera on to the phone
- Connect smartphone directly to printer
- Copy information from one device to another with Samsung Smart Switch
Part number for OTG cable/adapter (USB A to USB-C): GH96-12331A
**Please Note: Because most external HDDs are powered by the connected device, you may not be able to use a HDD to save your data. USB flash drives are a more reliable option to save and transfer content or other information to and from your phone.