What is Find My Mobile and how do I use it for my Samsung Galaxy S5?
Last updated: 29 April, 2014
The Find My Mobile service can locate, lock and/or wipe your device. You can also retrieve call logs, unlock your device and make it ring, all from within the Find My Mobile service.
Note: you will be required to sign in to your Samsung account. If you do not have an account, from a web browser on your computer navigate to https://account.samsung.com, click Sign Up and then follow the instructions to create a profile.
Enable Remote Controls
Before you can use the Find My Mobile service you must first enable the feature on your mobile device. Remote controls is turned on by default if you have signed in to your Samsung account.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Security .
2. Touch Remote controls.
3. Touch OK on the "Introduction to remote controls" screen.
4. To turn on Remote controls you will need to register a Samsung account. Touch Add account and sign in with your Samsung account. If you do not have an account touch Create an account and follow the on-screen prompts.
5. To allow Samsung to determine the location of your device wirelessly touch Use wireless networks > Agree.
Sign in to Find My Mobile
1. In a web browser on your computer go to the Find My Mobile site.
2. If necessary enter your email address and password and then click Sign In.
3. You will be taken to the "Locate my mobile" page. If you have multiple devices registered you will need to select the one you wish to operate.
Locate My Mobile
1. To locate your mobile device click Locate my mobile.
2. Click the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions and then click I agree.
3. Find My Mobile will attempt to locate your device. It may take a long time or fail, depending on the network environment and the state of the mobile device. When your device is located its approximate location is indicated by a marker on the map. You can zoom in and out using the controls in the upper-left corner of the map.
Track My Device
Find My Mobile can track your device: displaying its movements on the map every 15 minutes for 12 hours.
1. Click the Start tracking button.
2. After some time has elapsed you can click and drag the marker under the map on the time bar to see the device's location at the time you choose.
Lock My Mobile
In addition to locking your device remotely you can display a custom message, allow a phone number that can be called from the locked device, and also unlock the device with a PIN.
1. Click Lock my mobile on the "Locate my mobile" page to lock your device.
2. Enter information as below:
- Customise a message to be displayed on the mobile device.
- Enter a phone number that can be called from the locked device. This number will also be used to send a message if the SIM card has been changed.
- Enter a four-digit PIN that can be used to unlock the mobile device.
3. Click Lock at the bottom of the page. Find My Mobile will attempt to lock your device.
Wipe My Mobile
Find My Mobile lets you remotely delete all the information on the device or memory card. Your personal information cannot be recovered after using this feature. After using the Factory Data Reset option you will no longer be able to use the Find My Mobile service.
1. On the Find My Mobile page click Wipe my mobile.
2. Select Wipe the removable storage area or Factory data reset.
3. Click on View full Terms and conditions and then click the checkbox next to I agree to the terms and conditions. (You cannot tick this checkbox until you have clicked View full Terms and conditions).
4. Enter your Samsung account password.
5. Click Wipe at the bottom of the page.
6. Click OK to confirm the wipe. If the device is offline then the wipe will occur when the device next goes online.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Call Support 24/7
Just Dial #GALAXY (#425299)
[Free call to all networks]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.