Gear Sport: How can I use the Gear sport to get the heart rate measurement?
In first, please check to wear the Gear Sport correctly.
When you activate the auto heart rate tracking feature, or when the Gear recognizes your exercise,
the Gear will automatically track your hear rate. When measuring your heart rate, wear the Gear snugly
on you arm above your wrist as shown in the figure below.
Do not fasten the Gear too tightly.
• The accuracy of the heart rate sensor may be diminished depending on measurement
conditions and surroundings.
• Use the HR feature only for measuring your heart rate.
• Cold ambient temperatures may affect your measurement; during winter or cold weather,
keep yourself warm when checking your heart rate.
• Take heart rate measurements when you are seated and relaxed. Do not move your body
while taking heart rate measurements. Doing so may cause your heart rate to be recorded inaccurately.
• If you receive a reading that is very different from your expected heart rate, rest for 30 minutes and then measure again.
• Smoking or consuming alcohol before taking measurements may cause your heart rate
to be different from your normal heart rate.
• Do not talk, yawn, or breathe deeply while taking heart rate measurements. Doing so may
cause your heart rate to be recorded inaccurately.
• Because the heart rate sensor uses light to approximate heart rate, its accuracy may vary due to physical factors that affect light absorption and reflection, such as blood circulation/blood pressure,
skin condition and location and concentration of blood vessels.
In addition, if your heart rate is extremely high or low, measurements may be inaccurate.
• Users with thin wrists may receive inaccurate heart rate measurements when the device is loose, causing the light to be reflected unevenly. If heart rate measurement is not working properly, adjust
the position of the device’s heart rate sensor to the right, left, up, or down on your wrist, or turn the device so the heart rate sensor sits firmly against the inside of your wrist.
• If the heart rate sensor is dirty, wipe the sensor and try again. Obstructions between the device’s
band and your wrist, such as body hair, dirt, or other objects may prevent the light from reflecting
evenly. Please make sure you remove such obstructions before use.
• If your Gear Sport becomes hot to the touch, remove it until it cools. Exposing skin to a hot surface
of the device for a long time may cause skin burn.