How to connect Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 with SmartThings?
Connect to nearby devices, such as Bluetooth headsets or other smartphones, easily and quickly. You can also control and manage TVs, home appliances, and Internet of Things (IoT) products with your tablet.
• Connecting with nearby devices: Connect with nearby devices, such as Bluetooth headsets or wearable devices, easily and quickly
• Registering and controlling home appliances, TVs, and IoT products: Register smart Refrigerators, Washers, Air Conditioners, Air Purifiers, TVs, and Internet of Things (IoT) products on your tablet, and view their status or control them from your tablet’s screen
• Receiving notification: Receive notifications from connected devices on your tablet. For example, when the laundry is finished, you can receive a notification on your tablet
Open the Samsung folder and launch the SmartThings App. The dashboard will appear.
• To use SmartThings, your tablet and other devices must be connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network
• To fully use SmartThings, you must register and sign in to your Samsung account
• The devices you can connect may vary depending on the region or service provider. To see the list of connectable devices, open the Samsung folder, launch the SmartThings App, and then tap SUPPORTED DEVICES
• Available features may differ depending on the connected device
• Connected devices’ own errors or defects are not covered by the Samsung warranty. When errors or defects occur on the connected devices, contact thedevice’s manufacturer
Connecting to nearby devices
Connect to nearby devices, such as Bluetooth headsets, easily and quickly.
• Connection methods may vary depending on the type of connected devices or theshared content
Using home appliances, TVs, and IoT products
View the status of your smart appliances, TVs, and IoT products from your tablet’s screen. You can group devices by location and add rules to control the devices easily and conveniently.
If there is no device on the list, tap Down arrow icon under ADD DEVICE MANUALLY and select a device type. Or, tap Search and enter the device or model name
Viewing and controlling connected devices
You can view and control the devices. For example, you can check the ingredients in your Refrigerator or adjust the TV volume.
The list of connected devices will appear
To control the devices, select a device. When the device controller supplied with the selected device is downloaded, you can control the device
To add locations, follow these steps:
To set a location, tap Geolocation to select a location on the map and tap DONE
To add devices to the location, tap ADD DEVICE and follow the on-screen instructions to register devices. The devices will be added to the location
To add scenes, follow these steps:
Add a scene and register devices to it to control multiple devices at the same time with a single tap of a button or with a voice command.
Open the Samsung folder, launch the SmartThings App, select a location, tap More option (3 vertical dots) > Add scene, and then set scene options. You can set the scene name, icon, and devices.
You can also set an automation to perform actions automatically depending on the preset time or the status of devices.
For example, add an automation to turn on the audio automatically every day at 7:00 AM.
To receive a notification when an automation runs, tap Notify me, enter the message, and then tap DONE
You can receive notifications from connected devices on your tablet. For example, when the laundry is finished, you can receive a notification on your tablet.
To set devices to receive notifications, open the Samsung folder, launch the SmartThings App, tap More options (3 vertical dots) > Notifications > More options (3 vertical dots) > Notification settings, and then tap the switches next tothe devices you want.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
Open 24 hours
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.