How to invite members to a Location in Samsung SmartThings?
Invite the member in one of two ways:
• Enter their Samsung account ID and tap the mail icon. New user should be signed in to Samsung SmartThings (previously known as Samsung Connect App) and they will receive a push notification prompting them to accept the invite
• Tap Create QR Code and direct the new user to go to Samsung SmartThings > three dots > Settings > Accept invitation (QR code). The new user will scan the code, which automatically accepts the invite
• Only the owner of the Location can invite members. Members cannot invite additional members to the Location.An invitation must be sent for each individual Location, as the members are given access per Location, not to all Locations at once.
• Members cannot delete Locations or devices they did not create (i.e., if they are invited to a Location and add a device to that Location, they can delete that specific device but not the others that were already there).
• Invitations are given per Location. Members must receive an additional invite for each additional Location.
To invite members via Samsung account ID:
Please note: The new member must have signed into the Samsung SmartThings with their Samsung ID before or the app will display this error:
To accept the invitation:
Please note: The invitation does not send an email
Please note: If you tap Cancel and do not re-name the Location, the app will display two Locations with the same name. Any name changes made on the member account will sync (often with a delay), to the owner's account
To invite members via QR Code:
To accept QR Code invitation in Samsung SmartThings:
Please note: If you tap Cancel and do not re-name the Location, the app will display two Locations with the same name. Any name changes made on the member account will sync (often with a delay), to the owner's account.
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
8:00am - 8:00pm
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.