Diaphragmatic breathing strengthens your diaphragm which is an important muscle for deep breathing. It also reduces stress, lowers blood pressure and makes a real difference to your wellbeing - both physically and mentally.
How to do it:
- Sit or lie flat on your back.
- Relax your shoulders.
- Put one hand on your chest and the other on your abdomen.
- Inhale through your nose and count to two.
- Purse your lips, press gently on your stomach, and exhale slowly for about two seconds.
- Repeat three to five times.