How to connect and update Galaxy Buds+ with Galaxy Smartphone
Built to pair seamlessly with the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra 5G, you can control Galaxy Buds+ from your Galaxy smartphone, smartwatch, tablet, and even voice assistants such as Bixby. Find out how easy it is to connect and update Galaxy Buds with your Galaxy Smartphone in the following video to get the most out of your earbuds.
Follow the steps to connect and update your earbuds.
- To view contents to update the software of your earbuds, you can move the video bar to 0:00:43.
- IMPORTANT: You MUST download and install 'Galaxy Wearable' & ‘SmartThings’ apps from the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store.
- Please ensure those apps are the latest version.
- The image shown in this video is a sample in English, but it is also available in selected language of your phone.
- The software’s user interface may differ based on your mobile device model and version of Galaxy Wearable app.
- If the earbud indicator light does not flash, connect charging case to charger and charge for over 30 minutes.
Part 1. Connect Galaxy Buds+ to the Galaxy smartphone
How to connect your earbuds
Step 1. Swipe down to view the notification panel and check Bluetooth is on.
Step 2. Check direction of each earbud and place in right direction.
Step 3. Open charging case.
The earbuds will enter Bluetooth pairing mode automatically and a pop-up window will appear on your mobile device.
Step 4. Tap Connect on the pop-up window. The Galaxy Wearable app will launch.
Step 5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection.
Step 6. You will now see information and setting controls for your buds+ in the Galaxy Wearable app.
Part 2. Update your Galaxy Buds+ with your mobile device
How to update your earbuds
Step 1. Launch the Galaxy Wearable app on the mobile device.
Step 2. Scroll down and tap on Earbuds software update.
Step 3. Tap on Download and install to manually update.
Step 4. Turn switch to auto-download updates when your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network.