Superb Viewing Experience
Features brightness levels that help to ensure superb display readability for people who work outdoors in logistics or sales where visibility is essential. With its soft-grip edges and refined metal finish, the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) is built for easy handling and durability.
Long Power Usage
Its improved battery capacity powers the Galaxy Tab A (2017, 8.0”) to handle prolonged usage times for a boost in productivity. Power Saving Mode supports sufficient charge for long periods while on business trips or in the field on assignment.
*Video playback time may vary according to usage habits.
Capable Camera Performance
Advanced imaging technology for when accuracy is imperative. Engineered with an F1.9 lens, the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) lets in plenty of light to help deliver bright images even in low-lit environments. Its rear 8MP AF and front 5MP cameras are designed to enable ID and OCR scanning for identification checks as well as barcode scanning for logistics or inventory tracking.
Information while Charging
Samsung’s Home Mode is designed to display key information for instant viewing such as a clock, calendar or weather updates while charging to help boost productivity levels. The charging dock is designed to preserve battery power and usage times so you can continue to focus on your business workflow.
* Charging Dock sold separately.
Worldwide MDM Compatibility
Global support to help keep your business running smoothly. Thanks to its mobile device management (MDM) compatibility, the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) is designed to utilise an established network that spans more than 120 MDM partners worldwide and is programmed to provide access to over 600 MDM policies.
* Actual MDM policies may vary by MDM provider. The service requires an internet connection. Data usage fees may apply. Devices sold separately.
Knox 2.8: Multi-layered Mobile Security Platform
Samsung Knox 2.8 is a mobile security platform that is designed to safely manage your company’s data. Its technology offers a high level of protection for Android devices and helps ensure sensitive client information does not end up in the wrong hands.
* Knox refers to the free-of-charge built-in Knox security platform and the accompanying optional paid Knox solutions. ** TIMA is TrustZone-based Integrity Measurement Architecture.
Experience Samsung Flow
Samsung Flow provides connectivity and productivity across your compatible devices through Notification Sync and Instant Reply. You can further use Content Sharing for the transfer of corporate files between compatble tablets and smartphones as well as Auto Tethering to help enhance usability.
* Devices sold separately. Internet connection required. Data charges may apply.
Simple Way to Share Display
Watch multimedia content interchangeably between your tablet and compatible TV without the burden of messy wiring. Whether conducting internal meetings with associates or presenting data analysis to prospective clients, Quick Connect aims to deliver fast and smooth display sharing to allow for interactive engagement.*
* Bluetooth or Wi-Fi direct connection necessary. * Compatibility between devices may vary according to OS update.
- Android 7.1
- CPU Speed 1.4GHz
- CPU Type Quad-Core
- Size (Main Display) 8.0" (203.1 mm)
- Resolution (Main Display) 1280 x 800 (WXGA)
- Technology (Main Display) TFT
- Color Depth (Main Display) 16M
- Rear Camera - Resolution 8.0 MP
- Rear Camera - Auto Focus Yes
- Front Camera - Resolution 5.0 MP
- Rear Camera - Flash Yes
- Video Recording Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080) @30fps
- RAM_Size (GB) 2
- ROM Size (GB) 16
- Available Memory (GB)* 9.7
- External Memory Support MicroSD (Up to 256 GB)
- Number of SIM Single-SIM
- SIM size Nano-SIM (4 FF)
- SIM Slot Type SIM 1 + MicroSD
- Infra 2 G GSM, 3 G WCDMA, 4 G LTE FDD, 4 G LTE TDD
- 2G GSM GSM850, GSM900, DCS1,800, PCS1,900
- 3G UMTS B1 (2,100), B2 (1,900), B4 (AWS), B5 (850), B8 (900)
- 4G FDD LTE B1 (2,100), B2 (1,900), B3 (1,800), B4 (AWS), B5 (850), B7(2,600), B8(900), B17(700), B20(800), B28(700)
- 4G TDD LTE B38 (2,600), B40 (2,300)
- ANT+ Yes
- USB Version USB 2.0
- Location Technology GPS, Glonass, Beidou
- Earjack 3.5 mm Stereo
- MHL No
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n 2.4 + 5 GHz, HT40
- Wi-Fi Direct Yes
- Bluetooth Version Bluetooth v4.2
- NFC No
- Bluetooth Profiles A2DP, AVRCP, DI, HFP, HID, HOGP, HSP, MAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP
- PC Sync. Smart Switch (PC version)
- Form Factor Tablet
- Accelerometer, Hall Sensor
- Dimension (HxWxD, mm) 212.1 x 124.1 x 8.9
- Weight (g) 364
- Internet Usage Time(3G) (Hours) Up to 14
- Internet Usage Time(LTE) (Hours) Up to 15
- Internet Usage Time(Wi-Fi) (Hours) Up to 15
- Video Playback Time (Hours) Up to 14
- Standard Battery Capacity (mAh) 5,000
- Removable No
- Audio Playback Time (Hours) Up to 153
- Talk Time (3G WCDMA) (Hours) Up to 36
Audio and Video
- Video Playing Format MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- Video Playing Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080) @30fps
- Audio Playing Format MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
* All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions for the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this web page and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change. All functionality, features, specifications, GUI and other product information provided in this web page including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation. The contents within the screen are simulated images and are for demonstration purposes only.
* User Available Memory : User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed
* Network : The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider
Galaxy Tab A (2017, 8.0”, LTE) (SM-T385NZKAXSA)
2018.10.10User Manual(Oreo) ver 1.0
(SIMPLIFIED CHINESE(S.E Asia))
2018.10.10Safety Guide ver 1.8.5
(ENGLISH, SIMPLIFIED CHINESE(S.E Asia), BURMESE, HINDI, INDONESIAN, THAI, VIETNAMESE)
2018.09.04User Manual(Oreo) ver 1.0
2017.09.20User Manual(Nougat) ver 1.2
(SIMPLIFIED CHINESE(S.E Asia))
2017.09.07User Manual(Nougat) ver 1.1