Samsung fridge-freezers produce about 120 ice cubes per day, which is in line with most manufacturer specifications.
Empty the ice tray and let the unit run for 24 hours. If fewer than 50 cubes are produced during the 24-hour test then your refrigerator requires service.
If your freezer is producing 50 to 90 cubes per day try the following:
● Set the freezer temperature display to a lower setting. Freezer temperature must be 0°C for the ice maker to work properly.
● Make sure that the water valve on the refrigerator water supply line is completely open. You can find the water valve where the refrigerator water supply line taps into your house water line.
● If you have a water filter in your refrigerator change the filter cartridge. For instructions see your users manual.
If you want your freezer to produce more than 120 ice cubes in a day try the following:
● An ice maker typically makes 1 tray of ice every 90 minutes. To shorten the amount of time the freezer takes to produce a tray of ice set the freezer temperature display to a lower setting.
● If your refrigerator has a Power Freeze function press the Power Freeze button to speed up the ice-making process. In the Power Freeze mode both the compressor and the freezer fan run for 10 hours continuously. The ice-making interval will be reduced from 90 minutes to 55 minutes. If
the ice bucket fills in fewer than 10 hours then Power Freeze will stop automatically.