I smashed my screen and can't use the touchscreen. Is there any way to access my data?
Please note: The methods described below may not work in all cases, for example if your device will not switch on or if the touchscreen is no longer responsive.
- If you are unsure about which connection your device uses you can consult our FAQ on ‘Which charger should I use for my galaxy phone or tablet’
- Ensure your device is sufficiently charged before following the steps below.
- Your device may look different to the images below, but the steps are the same.
Please note: Your phone has to be unlocked for you to access your files this way.
Please note: on Windows computers, you may find your phone in a folder called This PC or similar.
In order to back up your device remotely:
- Your device must be connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network
- Your device must be signed in to your Samsung Account
- Remote control settings must be enabled
- You must know your Samsung Account username and password
Please note: if your device is not recognised, select “MORE” in the top right of the screen then select “Reinstall device driver”. You will be asked to disconnect your device while Smart Switch installs drivers for your device. Once the installation is complete, reconnect your device to your computer.
Please note: if you'd like to select what is backed up, select “MORE” in the top right of the screen, then select “Preferences”. Select “Backup items” and choose the content you'd like to copy.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.