Why sometimes picture do not display in Samsung CRT Monitors?
If the screen on your CRT monitor is discolored or do not display properly, you first need to find out if the problem is with the monitor or something else. Your monitor provides a self test feature that allows you to check whether your monitor is functioning properly.
To run the self test, follow these steps :
● Turn off both, your computer and the monitor.
● Unplug the video cable from the back of the computer.
● Turn on the monitor. Depending on your monitor, one of the Check Signal Cable figures shown below appears.
NOTE : While in the Self-Test mode, the LED power indicator remains on and the Check Signal figure moves around on the screen.
Failure of any Check Signal figure to appear indicates a problem with your monitor. Also, if you see the second figure, the failure of any one of the colored rectangles as displayed above to appear indicates a problem with your monitor.
● First of all turn off your monitor and reconnect the video cable.
● Now turn on both your computer and the monitor.
● If you have seen the Check Signal Cable figures and, in case of second figure, the colored rectangles and your monitor screen remains blank, dark, or discolored, the problem is probably with your video controller, video cables, video card, or computer system. Your monitor is functioning properly.
If your monitor passes the self test and is functioning properly, and it's still dark or not displaying correctly after you re-attach the video cable, then Check the video cable between the monitor and the computer and make sure both ends are fully and securely connected.