What are Demo mode/ Exhibition mode/ Show Room mode?
Exhibition Mode is designed for use by retailers when they are displaying refrigerators on the shop floor. In Exhibition Mode, the refrigerator's fan motor and lights work normally, but the compressors do not run, and the refrigerator and freezer do not get cold. To start Exhibition Mode, touch and hold the Freezer, Fridge, and Door Alarm buttons at the same time for 5 seconds during normal operation. The refrigerator chime sounds. To cancel Exhibition Mode, touch and hold the Freezer, Fridge, and Door Alarm buttons at the same time again for 5 seconds. The refrigerator chime sounds once more.
Here are the following Solution:
1. There is no information about Cooling off mode in owner’s manual (since it is not for consumers) but some models have a label attached on display. So if cooling off is performed and the label is detached, no one knows about this function.
2. If your refrigerator is not cooling, it may be in Demo mode. Demo mode is a feature used by retailers to display the refrigerator without running the compressor. To see if your refrigerator is in Demo mode:
3. Type ‘A’ models display ‘OFF’ if the refrigerator is in demo mode.
See the images below for examples of Type A, Type B and Type C models and Type A and Type B display panels.
To remove your refrigerator from Demo mode
If your refrigerator is in Demo mode, press the two buttons together (as shown in the images below) in the red boxes for 3 seconds to resume normal operation.
For the rest of the models, Please find below tables
1. U.S Main model
2. U.S & Other Countries
In case of U.S model, unplug & plug does’t make change. So please understand how to cancel it.
1. This is only for store display. If you bought a display model, make sure if it is on display mode when initial power on.
2. During Exhibition mode, If both compartment sensors detect the room temperature higher than 65 C, it will cancel the exhibition mode automatically and return to freezing operation. (There is no buzzer sound by the temperature when the exhibition mode is cancelled).