SAMSUNG REWARDS PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Updated as of 1st July 2019
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. By enrolling in this program, you agree to the following terms and conditions that govern the Samsung Rewards Program.
A) Overview of Samsung Rewards Program
Samsung Rewards Program (the "Program") is a loyalty program provided in Malaysia through Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd (“Samsung”, “We” or “Us”) through which individuals (“Participant(s)”, “You” or “Your”) enrolled to participate in the Program can collect points (“Points”) that will be credited to Participant's account ("Samsung Rewards Account") by making Qualifying Transactions (defined below). Participants may redeem their Points in-app through the Samsung Rewards catalog ("Rewards Catalog").
B) Eligibility and Participation in the Program
1. The Program is open to residents of Malaysia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. Persons under the age of 18 years (“Minor”) may not use the Program unless their parent or legal guardian has reviewed and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. If You are a parent or legal guardian permitting a Minor to use the Program, You agree to: (i) supervise the Minor’s use of the Program; (ii) assume all risks associated with the Minor’s use of the Program, (iii) assume any liability resulting from the Minor’s use of the Program; (iv) ensure the accuracy and truthfulness of all information submitted by the Minor or, if required by the laws of Your jurisdiction, submit all required information truthfully and accurately on behalf by the Minor; and (v) assume responsibility and are bound by these Terms and Conditions for the Minor’s access and use of the Program.
2. Participants must have a valid Samsung Account ID. Accounts are free but subjected to Terms and Conditions of Samsung Account. If you do not have a Samsung Account ID, visit https://account.samsung.com and follow the links and instructions to create an account.
3. Additionally, to participate in the Program, a Participant must:
a. Own an eligible Samsung mobile device, wearable device and other accessories made available by Samsung from time to time and purchased from an authorized retailer that meets the below conditions in b) and c) (“Qualifying Device”).
b. Have a valid Samsung Account ID. The Samsung Account terms and conditions form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions. In case of any inconsistency or conflict between the terms of these Terms and Conditions and the Samsung Account terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail; and
c. Install Members App or other Samsung applications made available for the Program.
4) Registration. To enroll in this Program and thereby create a Rewards Account, Participant is required to register online or through the Samsung Members application by using the email address associated with his/her Samsung Account ID and agree to these Terms and Conditions. Continued participation in the Program constitutes each Participant's continued full and unconditional agreement to these Program Terms and Conditions, as they may be updated from time to time (“Rules”), and representation that Participant meets the eligibility requirements set out in these Rules.
Those who do not comply with these Rules may be prohibited from participating in the Program as determined by Samsung in its sole discretion. There is a limit of one (1) Rewards Account per person/e-mail address, regardless of whether more than one person uses the same e-mail address. The person who is the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address indicated when registering (and who otherwise meets the eligibility criteria) will be deemed the Participant.
C) Duration, Modification and Termination of the Program
1. The Program will continue until Samsung announces its termination, which it may do at any time, with or without notice to Participants. Samsung also reserves the right to suspend or modify the Program, at its discretion, at any time with or without notice. Termination, modification or suspension may affect a Participant's ability to redeem accumulated Points. Participants will be able to redeem Points as set forth in Section E below.
2. A Participant's continued participation in the Program constitutes his or her acceptance of any changes to these Rules.
D) Earning Points
1. Earning Points through Samsung Pay (Only applicable for limited number of countries and qualifying devices).
a. Please check Qualifying device referring to https://www.samsung.com/my/samsung-pay/supported-devices/
b. Samsung Pay is available in South Korea, United States, China, Spain, Australia, Singapore, Brazil, Russia, Thailand, Malaysia, India, Sweden, United Arab Emirates, Switzerland, Chinese Taiwan, Hong Kong and Vietnam. Samsung is working to expand Samsung Pay to additional regions.
c. The following are additional requirements for the use of Samsung Pay:
d. Please check the Samsung Pay support page for list of supported cards referring to https://www.samsung.com/my/samsung-pay/banking-merchant-partners/ .
e. You will earn Points for each purchase using the Samsung Pay made with a Qualifying Device, using a Qualifying Card, herein a "Qualifying Transaction". A Qualifying Transaction is complete once you authorize a payment and it is successfully completed and you receive a confirmation push notification. Please keep in mind the limitation that Participants may only earn Points for up to 50 Qualified Transactions through Samsung Pay each month.
f. Points Earned and Tier Status for each Qualified Transaction. The number of Points that You will earn for each Qualified Transaction will depend on Your current "Tier" status. Your Tier status is based on the cumulative number of Qualified Transactions You have made in the current calendar month as set forth in the table below.
|Tier||Number of Qualified Transactions |
made during the calendar month
|Points earned per Qualified Transaction|
Participant can earn a Tier status at any time in the month by making the required number of cumulative Qualified Transactions. That Tier status will remain in effect as the minimum Tier Status for the following full calendar month only (through the last day of the month at 11:59 p.m. MYT). Participant must re-qualify for future calendar months.
For example: If You make ten (10) Qualified Transactions in Month 1, You will earn Points based on Your "Silver" status for the remaining days of Month 1 and will maintain “Silver” status for all of Month 2. If You only make three (3) Qualified Transactions in Month 2, Your status as of the beginning of Month 3 will now be Bronze.
2. Earning Points through Other Samsung Applications/Programs: Samsung may, from time to time, offer Points through the use of other Samsung applications and/or programs on the Devices. Each application or program will provide details and terms regarding how to earn Points.
3. Earning Points through Special Offers: Samsung may, from time to time, offer Points and prizes through promotional offers, promotional games, campaigns or events.
E) Point Value, Forfeiture of Points, & Viewing Points
1. No Cash Value or Transferability. Points do not constitute property, do not entitle a member to a vested right or interest and have no cash value. As such, Points are not redeemable for cash, transferable or assignable for any reason, and are not transferable upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter or otherwise by operation of law. The sale or transfer of Points is strictly prohibited. Points may not be sold on any secondary market, and any transfer of Points to a secondary market shall be deemed void. Any Points remaining in a Participant’s Samsung Rewards Account will be forfeited without compensation. There shall be no carry over or transfer of Points to other Sponsor programs, unless otherwise determined by Samsung in its sole and absolute discretion.
2. Point Expiration. Points earned in a particular month will be valid for six (6) months (“Valid Period”), through the last day of that month at 11:59 p.m. MYT. Points not redeemed during the Valid Period will expire and be forfeited.
3. Accrued Points Viewable in Participant’s Samsung Member Application. The number of Points collected by each Participant will be tracked in the Participant’s Rewards Account. However, each Participant will have the responsibility of ensuring that his/her Points are properly credited. Any claim for Points not credited accurately must be received by Samsung within seven (7) days of the date of claimed accrual of such Points. Kindly contact Samsung Technical Support Centre via https://www.samsung.com/my/info/contactus/ if you found any discrepancies upon claiming or issuing of points. To investigate the claim made by You, Samsung reserves the right to request for any relevant evidences to validate Points claimed by Participants.
4. Manual issuance of Points can take up to sixty (60) days. Samsung shall have no liability for any printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors in the Points summaries or Rewards Account.
5. Samsung reserves the right to invalidate Points from a Participant’s Rewards Account if it determines that such Points were improperly credited or obtained fraudulently. Samsung reserves the right to require proof of accrual of Points and Samsung reserves the right to delay the processing or redemption of any Points without notice to Participants in order to assure compliance with these Rules. Participants are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their Rewards Accounts and passwords and for restricting access to their Qualifying Devices and activity on their Rewards Account, and Participants agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under their Rewards Account.
6. Without limiting any other remedies, Samsung may suspend or terminate a Participant’s Reward Account if Samsung suspects that a Participant has engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Program. Participation in the Program is subject to these Rules, as well as policies and procedures that Samsung may adopt or modify from time to time. Any failure to abide by these Rules or any policies or procedures implemented by Samsung, any conduct detrimental to Samsung, or any misrepresentation or fraudulent activities in connection with the Program may result, in addition to any rights or remedies available to Samsung in law or equity, in the termination of participation in the Program, as well as forfeiture of Points accrued to date, all as determined by Samsung in its sole discretion.
F) Purchasing/Redeeming Items from the Rewards Catalogue
1. Points may be used to purchase/redeem items in the Rewards Catalogue once they have accrued Points. The total number of Points Participants can use is the number of Points available in their Rewards Account.
2. Redeeming Points Earned:
a. Participant may visit the Rewards Catalogue within the Members App to redeem items with accrued Points.
b. To purchase/redeem items from the Rewards Catalogue, follow the links and instructions to browse through the Rewards Catalogue. Once Participant has located an item he or she would like to purchase, he or she can purchase the item by clicking on the "Redeem" button. Participant will receive confirmation that the item has been purchased/redeemed and the associated Points will be deducted from his/her Rewards Account.
c. Samsung reserves the right to modify the list of items available for purchase/redeem, as well as their corresponding Point values, at any time for any reason.
d. All purchases/redemption for items from the Rewards Catalogue are final and the Points will be deducted from Participant's Rewards Account.
e. Samsung reserves the right to substitute an item advertised with an item of equal or greater value if due to unavailability or for any other reason.
f. Fulfillment process and timing will vary depending on the Reward purchased through the Rewards Catalogue. Details will be provided at the time of purchase.
g. Except as otherwise provided herein, no refunds will be provided on any purchased item. If for any reason a purchased item is received damaged, becomes unavailable, or cannot be fulfilled, Samsung, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to replace the purchased/redeemed item with a similar item of equal or greater value.
G) General Terms and Conditions
1. Samsung reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the eligibility of any person who uses, or, in the case of suspension, is suspected of using, the Program in a manner inconsistent with these Rules or any federal or state laws, statutes or ordinances. In addition to suspension or discontinuance of the Program eligibility, Samsung shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
2. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Samsung reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Samsung’s failure to enforce any of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that, or any other, provision.
3. The Program is provided to individuals only. Corporations, associations, including school organizations, or other groups may not participate in the Program.
4. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program, the availability of items, or Participant’s compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by Samsung in its sole discretion.
5. Samsung is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants while participating in the Program.
6. Participants are responsible for the payment of all taxes which may result from participation in the Program.
7. Participants are responsible for maintaining updated contact information associated with their Samsung ID.
8. The Program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and Participants shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
H) Limitation of Liability
1. Samsung is not responsible for any printing or computer error, omission, interruption, irregularity, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Program materials or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of Program information due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. In the event that the Program app or Rewards Catalog is temporarily corrupted and suspended, notice of such will be provided and the Participant will be advised to not redeem Points until such time that the Program, as originally intended, may be resumed and that Qualified Transactions during this time period completed will not generate Points for the Participant.
2. By participating in the Program, Participant accepts all responsibility for, and hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Samsung from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, or expenses that may arise from actions taken by such Participant’s participation in the Program, or for any harm or injury caused by any third party.
3. IN NO EVENT SHALL SAMSUNG BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS, EVEN SAMSUNG OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS MEANS THAT PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS FROM SAMSUNG. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, SAMSUNG’S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO PARTICIPANT ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF (A) YOUR ACTUAL LOSS; OR (B) MYR1,000. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
4. Samsung is not responsible for any products or services offered in the Rewards Catalog other than Samsung-branded products and services. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, SAMSUNG SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES REDEEMED THROUGH THE PROGRAM, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to You.
5. As a condition of participating in the Program, Participant agrees that, except where prohibited, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Program or any item purchased therein shall be resolved individually with Samsung and/or Third Party (if any), without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, Participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Samsung in connection with the Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Malaysia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
6. If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Rules, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Sponsored by: Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd (Level 15, Mercu 2, No. 3, Jalan Bangsar, Kampung Haji Abdullah Hukum, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)