How to set up Bixby voice?
Please Note: The information on this page is for New Zealand products only. Sequences or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
Once the account has been removed the FRP will be deactivated.
When you launch Bixby for the first time, the Bixby intro page will appear. You must select the language to use with Bixby, sign in to your Samsung account according to the on-screen instructions, and then agree to the terms and conditions.
Bixby saves data about your usage patterns and provides suggested commands based on your current environment.
If you are already signed in, this step will not appear.
Bixby Voice recognizes your voice commands more accurately if you speak according to standard language conventions.
Speak clearly so that Bixby can understand you correctly. Bixby may not recognize your speech correctly if:
• You speak with a strong accent or regional dialect.
• You use newly coined or slang terms.
• Several people speak at once.
• You speak in a noisy environment.
• You speak too quietly or too far away from the microphone.
If you would like to further customise your Bixby settings like enabling or disabling automatic listening or change the language, follow the below guide to alter the settings to your preference.
- Language and Voice Style: Allows users to choose from a range of languages and voices for Bixby Voice, this will not change the language and input of the internal phone settings.
- Voice Response: You can either choose Always or Hands-free only - this setting will determine when Bixby will respond to your requests.
- Automatic Listening: Based on your settings, Bixby can automatically turn on your microphone after you ask a question - either select Hands-free only or Never.
- Voice wake-up: You can choose to allow Bixby to unlock your phone when you say "Hi, Bixby", as well as alter the wake-up voice sensitivity, improve voice wake-up accuracy and delete voice wake-up recordings.
- Use while phone locked: Allow Bixby to perform functions like making calls and checking weather while your phone is locked.
- Bixby dictation: With the keyboard open, press and hold the Bixby key to start the dictation.
- Bixby Key: Allows you to either choose to activate Bixby with a single press or a double press of the Bixby button.
- Personalisation: Let Bixby tailor your results and suggestions based on our preferences.
- Marketing notifications: Receive information about products, services and promotions from Bixby and its partners.
- Privacy: Allow Bixby to access your data - this is only a temporary access to your emails, messages and notifications.
Thank you for your feedback!