Troubleshooting for fingerprint recognition feature on Samsung Mobile devices
If you are experiencing issues with the fingerprint recognition feature once you scan your fingerprints on the device, please be aware of the following conditions that may affect the feature's performance
• The fingerprint recognition sensor recognises fingerprints. Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.
• Covering the fingerprint recognition sensor with protective films, stickers, or other accessories may decrease the fingerprint recognition rate. If the fingerprint recognition sensor is initially covered with a protective film, remove it before using the fingerprint recognition sensor.
• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor and your fingers are clean and dry.
• The device may not recognise fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
• The device may not recognise fingerprints from small or thin fingers.
• If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognise your fingerprints. Make sure to cover the entire fingerprint recognition sensor with your finger.
• To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.
• In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object.
Please note: The information above is designed to support not only the following models S8, S8+, Note8, S9, S9+ Note9, however may not aply to other models.
Thank you for your feedback!