Can Samsung Mobile Device submerge in sea water?
IP, or Ingress Protection, is a universally accepted measurement of varying degrees for dust and liquid resistance. Galaxy Note9, S9/S9+, Note8, S8/S8+, A8/A8+ and S7/S7 edge feature an IP rating of 68, which means that it is protected from dust ingress, and temporary immersion in up to 1.5 meter of freshwater for up to 30 minutes.
Generally when using water-and dust-resistance device, keep the following precautions in mind to maintain the performance of the device:
• Do not immerse the device in water deeper than 1.5 metres
• Do not keep it submerged in water less than 1.5 metres deep for more than 30 minutes
• Do not expose the device to water moving with force, such as water running from a tap, ocean waves or waterfalls
• Whenever your device gets wet, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth
• If the device is exposed to any liquid other than freshwater (salt water, ionised water etc), gently rinse it with still fresh water immediately and dry it thoroughly with a clean soft cloth. Otherwise, salt may accumulate and block primary earpiece and external speaker when it dries
• When drying off your device, be sure to pat the earpiece (top front of the phone), primary microphone (bottom), external speaker (back) and the power/accessory (USB) interface connector with a clean, soft cloth to remove as much water as possible
• After drying off your phone, allow it to air-dry before making a call. Calling while the phone is wet or microphone has water in
it may lower the volume that the other person will hear
• If the device is dropped or receives an impact, the water and dust-resistant features may be damaged. Physical damage to your phone, such as chips and cracks can significantly reduce its ability to resist dust and water
• If the device is exposed to clean water, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
• If after use in sea water, please immediately rinse the device gently with clean water and pay attention to points like microphone, speaker and earpiece may be blocked by salt or sand.
• After rinsing the device please dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Before calling us, there are some information we need to obtain from you. Please get ready with model code, serial number and date of purchase.
Note : Call conversation is recorder for quality, monitoring and/or training purposes for our continuous quality improvement.
#GALAXY (just dial #425299)
[Free access for all Networks ]
(02) 8-422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 8-422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.
**Standard Landline numbers have been updated to comply with the NTC ruling effective October 6, 2019