Can Samsung Mobile Device submerge in sea water?
IP, or Ingress Protection, is a universally accepted measurement of varying degrees for dust and liquid resistance. Galaxy S9/S9+, Note8, S8/S8+, A8/A8+ and S7/S7 edge feature an IP rating of 68, which means that it is protected from dust ingress, and temporary immersion in up to 1.5 meter of freshwater for up to 30 minutes.
Generally when using water-and dust-resistance device, keep the following precautions in mind to maintain the performance of the device:
• If the device is exposed to clean water, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
• If after use in sea water, please immediately rinse the device gently with clean water and pay attention to points like microphone, speaker and earpiece may be blocked by salt or sand.
• After rinsing the device please dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
Note: Samsung guarantee simple life water-resistance when the SIM Tray is attached tightly but does not guarantee that the device will operate normally if it is used in water or other liquids.
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
1-800-10-7267864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-7267864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit HP website .
Face to Face Support
Find out more about how you can get face to face help.