How to enable mobile hotspot on your Galaxy device
Mobile hotspots or tethering allow you to share your internet connection with other devices. You can also configure several features and settings to keep your hotspot private.
Tips before using a mobile hotspot
- Using the Mobile hotspot will consume both battery life and the data allowance.
- Activating a mobile hotspot will disable Wi-Fi.
- While a mobile hotspot is active, your device's apps will use the mobile hotspot's data service.
See the steps below on turning on the Mobile Hotspot option of your Samsung phone or tablet.
via Connection Settings
via Quick Settings
If you don't want strangers using your hotspot, you can hide your device and adjust more options. Here’s how you configure a hotspot connection on your device.
The following settings will be available:
- Network name: View and change the name of your hotspot.
- Hide my device: Make your phone or tablet undetectable by others.
- Security: Select the hotspot's security level.
- Password: View and change the password for your hotspot.
- Power saving mode: Reduce battery usage by analyzing mobile hotspot traffic.
- Protected management frames: Allows the hotspot to be encrypted.
To save battery, your mobile hotspot will automatically be turned off if no devices are connected for a specified amount of time.
Note: Device screenshots and steps available may vary depending on your Galaxy device and Android OS Version.
We would love to know your feedback to help us improve. Please click the submit button to tell us what you think.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.