How to set up a Screen Lock on your Galaxy phone?
A great way to increase the security on your phone is by setting up a screen lock. This way, only you can access your phone and no one else. To make unlocking your phone easier there are multiple lock methods that you can use, including fingerprint recognition, patterns and PINs.
The range of available lock methods will differ depending on the specific device that you're using. Choose your preferred lock method from those supported on your devic
Where can I change my lock method?
The location of the lock screen settings will depend on the specific device you are using. On the latest devices you can find these settings at Settings > Lock screen > Screen lock type
From Settings, swipe to and tap Lock screen. Then, tap Screen lock type and select your desired type of lock. Follow the on-screen instructions to set it up.
Here are the basic Screen lock types:
• Swipe: Swipe the screen to unlock it.
• Pattern: Create a pattern that you draw on the screen to unlock.
• PIN: Select a PIN to unlock the screen.
• Password: Create a password for unlocking the screen.
• None: No screen lock.
You can also set up Biometric security so you can unlock your phone with your face, your fingerprints, or even your eyes! Intelligent Scan uses face and iris recognition together for the tightest security.
From Settings, swipe to and tap Lock screen. Then, tap Screen lock type and select your desired type of lock. Tap the slider next to your desired option, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Here are a basic available biometric options:
• Fingerprints: Use fingerprint recognition to unlock the screen.
• Face: Use facial recognition to unlock your phone.
• Iris: Use iris recognition to unlock the screen.
• Intelligent Scan: Use face and iris recognition together for better accuracy and security.
- Make Pattern Visible – Toggle to display entry or hide entry of your unlock pattern.
- Lock Automatically – Allows you to select the lock timeout for your device from immediately to 30 Minutes
- Lock instantly with side key – Allows you to press the Power key to Lock your device instantly.
- Auto factory reset – If your device has had 15 incorrect attempts to unlock it, your device will be reset to factory default settings and all data will be erased including files and downloaded apps.
- Lock network and security – You are able to keep network and security-related functions locked while your phone is locked. This makes it a lot easier to locate and protect if it is lost or stolen.
- Show lockdown option - display a power button option that turns off Smart Lock and notifications on the Lock screen.
If you forgot how to unlock your mobile device or if the lock method you registered on your mobile device does not work, you can proceed to unlock your mobile device by using the Find My Mobile feature. You may be able to remove the lock screen security by logging into your Samsung Account from another device, and selecting Unlock from the Find My Mobile website.
Thank you for your feedback!