What is Bixby Voice and how to use it?
In this FAQ:
• Setup Bixby Voice
• Activate Bixby Voice
• Unlock screen using Bixby Voice
Bixby makes your phone more helpful. It learns your routine, remembers what’s important to you and works with your apps to get things done.
Just talk, tap or type what you need, and Bixby’s there.
Use your voice to do more.
Use your voice to control your phone and apps to get more done, faster.
Bixby’s intelligent voice interface lets you complete tasks with a quick command.
Bixby understands what you say and gets smarter over time.
By learning how you say things and what you do most, Bixby makes your life easier.
Access in an instant.
Press and hold the button on the left edge of the screen, below the volume controls to wake up Bixby.
Even when you’re in an app, Bixby is just a button away.
Bixby goes beyond just voice commands by allowing you to move seamlessly between modes of interaction.
You can say a command, type an action or tap a suggested one.
To use Bixby Voice:
• Your device must be connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network
• You must sign in to your Samsung account
• Bixby (Voice) recognizes English (US), Korean and Mandarin Chinese. Other languages will be supported soon.
Speak to Bixby when the conversation window appears. Bixby Voice recognizes your voice commands more accurately if you speak according to standard language conventions. Speak clearly so that Bixby can understand you correctly.
• Speak at a constant speed
• Speak loudly and clearly in a quiet place.
• Hold your phone 6 to 12 inches (15 - 30 cm) away from your face.
Bixby voice can unlock your screen by saying your voice password
• Your device can be unlocked by someone else who says the correct password
• Voice password is less secure that Pattern, PIN, or Password
If you speak to Bixby Voice while the screen is locked, Bixby Voice will ask you to say your voice password.
Say your voice password to unlock the screen.
Through Bixby voice, you can control the device by voice command, drastically reducing the required steps. You can use both voice and touch input and several relevant commands can be issued continuously.
Editing and Sending of Photos
Missing receiver name in command
View Tips, Change Bixby Settings…
You can use the Bixby app to view useful tips, change your Bixby settings, and more.