What is iris scanning and how to use it on my Samsung Galaxy device?
The iris recognition feature uses the unique characteristics of your irises, such as their shape and pattern, to strengthen the security of your device.
Your iris data can be used for various authentication purposes. After registering your irises, you can set the device to use your irises for the following features such as Screen lock, Web sign-in, Verify Samsung account, Secure Folder,
● Hold your device about 25-35 cm away from your face with the screen facing towards you. Position your eyes in the circles shown on the screen.
● Wearing glasses or contacts when unlocking your device or verifying your identity may cause the device to have difficulty recognising your irises.
● Keep your eyes open and look at the top of the screen.
● IRIS recognition may not work properly in direct sunlight. For best results, perform this process indoors.
● Dirt and debris on the IRIS camera, LED sensor, or proximity sensor may cause the device to have difficulty recognising your irises.
Please note: For Galaxy Note9, tap Biometrics and security
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Call Support 24/7
Just Dial #GALAXY (#425299)
[Free call to all networks]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.