There are black bars on the sides of my TV screen
The black bars you see on the left and right sides of your TV screen are caused by the difference between the aspect ratio of the incoming signal and the aspect ratio (screen size) of your television. Most commonly, if you see black bars on the sides of your TV, you have a wide screen TV with an aspect ratio of 16:9 and the signal your TV is displaying has an aspect ratio of 4:3.
Change the Picture Size displayed on the TV screen with the following options:
● 16:9 Standard - Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode
● 4:3 - Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode
● Wide Zoom - Magnify the picture without changing the aspect ratio
● Zoom - Magnify the 16:9 wide picture to fit the screen
● Screen Fit - Use the function to see the full image without any cutoff when HDMI (720p/1080i/1080p), Component (1080i/1080p) or DTV (1080i) signals are input
Adjusting the picture size and/or position
When the Picture Size is set to Custom, you'll be able to adjust the screen zoom and position. To change the position on the display on analog channels, enlarge the image first and then change the position.
Settings > Picture > Picture Size > Zoom/Position