How to maintain Samsung Washing Machine after use?
• Always use HE detergent made for high-efficiency (HE) machines, and use the minimum amount (more is not necessarily better). Regular detergents produce much more suds and can cause water leakage. Over time, can build up a film on the drum and hoses that become a breeding ground for mold
• Remove finished loads immediately. Do not leave damp clothes in the machine (this provides an ideal breeding environment for bad odor and mildew)
• When not in use, leave the door of the washer open, to improve air circulation inside the machine and to prevent the buildup of mold and mildew. Clean out the washer door's rubber seal regularly by wiping with clean water
• Clean the drain pump filter every few weeks or whenever you notice problems with water drainage, excessive vibrations, wet clothes after the final spin, longer than usual cycle time, or unusual pauses during a wash cycle. Hair, fabric, and other various bits can get clogged up in the drain pump filter, leading to sluggish drainage of water
• If there's a Clean Tub cycle, run tub cleaning every 3 months without using any detergent or putting any load
Recommended Regular Maintenance
1. Mesh Filter
Clean the mesh filter of the water hose once or twice a year.
Process to clean the mesh filter
Please note: If the mesh filter is clogged, an information code of 4C appears on the screen
2. Pump Filter
It is advisable to clean the pump filter 5 or 6 times per year to prevent clogging. A clogged pump filter may reduce the bubble effect.
Process to clean the pump filter
Please note: Some pump filters feature a safety knob that is designed to prevent accidents by children. To open the safety knob of the pump filter, push in and turn anticlockwise. The spring mechanism or the safety knob helps to open the filter.
To close the safety knob of the pump filter, turn it clockwise. The spring mechanism makes a rattling sound, which is normal. Make sure the filter knob is closed/inserted properly after cleaning. Fail to do so when cause leakage or operational failure.
If the pump filter is clogged, an information code of 5C appears on the screen.
3. Detergent drawer
Process to clean the detergent drawer
Please note: To remove remaining detergent, perform the RINSE + SPIN cycle with the drum being empty.
Care against an extended time of disuse
Avoid leaving the washing machine unused for an extended time. If this is the case, drain the washing machine and unplug the power code
• Turn the Cycle Selector to select RINSE+SPIN
• Empty the drum and press Start/Pause
• When the cycle is competed, close the water tap and disconnect the water hose
• Turn off the washing machine and unplug the power code
• Open the door to let air circulate through the drum
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
8:00am - 8:00pm
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.