How to install and remove SIM or USIM card in Samsung Mobile Device?
Mobile devices can be complex, but installing a SIM/USIM card does not have to be.
To install/remove SIM or USIM, follow the instructions below:
Please note: This article is focusing on newer models such as Galaxy Note9, S9/S9+, Note8 and S8/S8+
Install SIM/USIM card
Please note: Ensure that the ejection pin is perpendicular to the hole. Otherwise, the device may be damaged
For Dual SIM models, with the gold-colored contacts facing downwards, place the primary SIM or USIM card on the tray 1 and the secondary SIM or USIM card on the tray 2
Single SIM Model:
Dual SIM Model:
Dual Trays for Primary and Secondary SIM cards:
Please note: SIM card tray 2 also serves as the memory card tray. However, do not insert a nano-SIM card and a micro SD card in tray 2 at the same time. Doing so can cause damage the SIM card or the device
Please note: If the card is not fixed firmly into the tray, the SIM card may leave or fall out of the tray
Single SIM Model Installation:
Dual SIM Model Installation:
• Use only a nano-SIM card
• If you insert the tray into your device while the tray is wet, your device may be damaged. Always make sure the tray is dry. Fully insert the tray into the tray slot to prevent liquid from entering your device
• Use caution not to lose or let others use the SIM or USIM card. Samsung is not responsible for any damages or inconveniences caused by lost or stolen cards
• Dual SIM models: In some areas, data transfer speeds may be slower if two SIM cards are inserted in the device than when one SIM card is inserted
• Some LTE services may not be available depending on the service provider. For more information about service availability, contact your service provider
Please note: Ensure that the ejection pin is perpendicular to the hole. Otherwise, the device may be damaged. You will hear a slight click when the tray pops out
Please note: If you insert the tray into your device while the tray is wet, your device may be damaged. Always make sure the tray is dry. Fully insert the tray into the tray slot to prevent liquid from entering your device
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
8:00am - 8:00pm
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.