What should I do for Better Fingerprint Recognition on Galaxy S10+/S10/S10e (Hong-Kong version)?
Samsung applied ultrasonic method on Galaxy S10+/S10 to ensure security and offer convenient usability.
Location and fingerprint scanning method of fingerprint sensor differ between S10+/S10 and S10e.
- Galaxy S10+, S10 : A built-in fingerprint recognition sensor at the bottom center of the screen
- Galaxy S10e : The Power key has a built-in fingerprint recognition sensor
When you scan fingerprints on the S10e/S10/S10+, be aware of the following common conditions that may affect the feature’s performance:
• The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints from small or thin fingers.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints from too dry fingers. Especially your fingers can be drier on situations like following.
i.e ) When trying to use fingerprint after wake-up in the morning , When having drier fingers than normal, When trying to use fingerprint at outside place on Winter
At that time, we recommend to let your finger be moist properly by using hand cream and try again.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints in too cold or too hot places.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints from wet fingers.
• To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.
Please ensure specific tips for better fingerprint recognition according to fingerprint recognition sensor method on S10+/S10/S10e device are followed.
• Your device has a built-in fingerprint recognition sensor at the bottom center of the screen. Ensure that the screen protector or the touchscreen on the fingerprint recognition sensor area is not scratched or damaged by objects, such as coins, keys, pens, and necklaces.
If protective film/screen protector is dirty or scratched, please replace to new one and we recommend registering your fingerprint again for better fingerprint recognition rate after replacing protective film.
• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor area at the bottom center of the screen and your fingers are clean and dry.
• If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints. Press the screen so that your fingertip spreads over the wide surface of the fingerprint recognition area.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints when attaching screen protective film or screen protector unapproved by Samsung.
Attaching thick protective films or glass type protective films may also decrease fingerprint recognition rate.
We recommend using only Samsung-approved accessories and you can purchase Samsung-Approved protective film from your local Samsung retailer or Authorized Samsung Service Center.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints when the screen protector/protective film is not attached clearly and tightly on device screen.
Air gap or foreign substances between protective film and screen may decrease the fingerprint recognition rate. We recommend attaching again.
• The Power key has a built-in fingerprint recognition sensor.
• Covering the fingerprint recognition sensor with protective films, stickers, or other accessories may decrease the fingerprint recognition rate. If the fingerprint recognition sensor is initially covered with a protective film, remove it before using the fingerprint recognition sensor.
• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor and your fingers are clean and dry.
• If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints. Make sure to cover the entire fingerprint recognition sensor with your finger.
• In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object.
This document was updated in March 2019 and for reference only.
This document is only applicable to Samsung Galaxy S10e, Samsung Galaxy S10 and Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Hong-Kong version) based on Android operation system (OS) 9.0 Pie.
All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this document and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification change.