FAQ: Gift card
Q: How can I register my gift card?
A: Follow the steps below on your device to register your gift card. Run the service → Sign in → Click “My Page” → Click “Payment method” → Click “Gift cards and vouchers” → Click “Register gift cards and vouchers” → Enter your gift card code in the pop-up window.
Q: I keep getting an error when I try to register my gift card.
A: If you get an error message when registering your gift card, please see below for possible causes and solutions.
1) 'The card has expired. Please check your card and try again.' → Please check the expiration date of your gift card. You cannot register or use an expired card.
2) 'The card number has been registered. Please check again.’ → The card number of your gift card has already been registered. Please check the gift card list.
3) 'The card number cannot be verified. Please check again.' → An incorrect card number was entered. Please enter your card number again.
4) 'This card cannot be registered in the store for the country where you are currently signed in.' → This error occurs when the country that issued a gift card does not match the country where you are trying to register the card. Gift cards can only be used in the countries where they were issued.
5) If you do not get an error message but cannot register your gift card, please check your network connection.
6) If an error not listed above occurs, please contact our customer support centre (http://content.samsung.com).
Q: Can I register a gift card that I brought from a foreign country?
A: Gift cards can only be used in the countries where they were issued.
Consequently, you cannot register a card that you brought from a foreign country.
Likewise, when you are overseas, you cannot register a card issued in your country.
Q: How can I view my registered gift card?
A: Follow the steps below on your device to view your registered gift card.
1) View before purchase Run the service → Sign in → Click “My Page” → Click “Payment method” → Click “Gift cards and vouchers” → Click “Gift cards” → Go to the gift card list screen
2) View during purchase Click “Buy” after selecting content → Click “Select” in Payment method > Gift cards and vouchers → Go to the gift card list screen
Q: Where can I see details about my gift card?
A: Follow the steps below on your device to see details about your gift card. Run the service → Sign in → Click “My Page” → Click “Payment method” → Click “Gift cards and vouchers” → Click “Gift cards” → Select the name of your gift card from the gift card list → Go to the gift card detail screen
Q: How can I purchase content with a gift card?
A: Follow the steps below on your device to use content.
Select content and click “Buy” → Click “Select” under Payment method > Gift cards and vouchers → Select the gift card you want to use from your gift card list → Click “Pay” → Your purchase is complete.
Q: Can I use a gift card and another payment method at the same time?
A: When paying with a gift card, you can use the methods below.
1) You can use a gift card with credit cards. However, the credit card amount must exceed the minimum purchase amount for a credit card.
2) You can use multiple gift cards for payment.
3) You cannot use a gift card with vouchers when you pay.
4) When you purchase content that costs more than the balance in your gift card, you can use a standard payment method to pay the difference.
Q: What can I purchase with a gift card?
A: With a gift card, you can purchase content just as you would with other payment methods.
However, service policies may place some restrictions on gift card usage.
(Google Play applications accessed via Samsung Apps are excluded from Gift Card purchase options.)
Q: I would like to use a gift card, but it does not appear as a payment method.
A: Check if the service/content you want to purchase is the type that you can use your registered gift card for.
Not all services/content can be purchased with gift cards.
Q: Can I use one gift card on multiple devices?
A: In general, your gift card will automatically be shown when you sign in with the account that the card is registered to, regardless of the device. However, there might be some gift cards that are issued for certain devices only.
Q: I would like to re-download the content I purchased with a gift card.
A: You can re-download any content you purchased at no extra cost.
However, you might not be able to re-download content if the service is not available because of a change in the contract with the seller, or if it has an error.
Q: I would like to get a refund for the content I purchased with a gift card.
A: Successfully purchased content cannot be refunded or cancelled. The purchase price of content can only be refunded if there is a legitimate reason for a refund, such as content error. When you request a refund, please let us know the reason in as much detail as possible in order to receive a quick refund. When your request is received, it will be processed and the payment will be cancelled. A new gift card with the cancelled amount will then be issued. Please note that the refund will not be issued to the same gift card that you used for the purchase.