How can I increase the battery runtime/standby time of my Gear S2?
Your Gear provides various options that help you conserve battery power.
To reduce battery consumption and increase the standby time, here are some tips.
1. When you are not using the Gear, switch to sleep mode by covering the screen with your palm. Also, the screen will turn off if the Gear is not used for a specified period.
2. Activate power saving mode.
In power saving mode, the Gear enables the following power saving actions:
• Displays colors on the screen as grey tones.
• Deactivate the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth feature sand limits the performance of the Gear’s CPU.
3. Close unnecessary apps.
To close unnecessary apps, tap Recent apps on the Apps screen and drag a recent app window upwards or downwards to close it, or tap Cross button.
4. Deactivate the Bluetooth feature when not in use.
To deactivate the Bluetooth feature on the Settings screen, tap Connections → then tap Bluetooth → turn the Bluetooth function off.
5. Deactivate the Wi-Fi feature when not in use.
To deactivate the Wi-Fi feature, on the Settings screen, tap Connections → tap Wi-Fi
→ Turn off Wi-Fi to deactivate the Wi-Fi feature.
6. Decrease the screen brightness.
On the Clock screen, swipe downwards from the top edge of the screen and tap brightness icon and then decrease the screen brightness by rotating the bezel / control wheel.
7. Deactivate the Watch always on feature.
If you disable the “Watch always on” feature on Gear S2 will help to save the battery because it sets the Gear to display a clock when the screen is turned off.
On the Settings screen, tap Display → Turn off the Watch always on feature.
8. Deactivate the Voice wake-up feature in the S Voice app.
Select S Voice → then tap on the more options icon → turn off the Wake up S Voice feature.
9. Customize the notification settings in Samsung Gear on the mobile device.
You can set the Gear to receive notifications from the mobile device for a variety of events, such as missed calls or new messages. But, to help reduce Gear S2 battery consumption, you can select just those notification types you really want to be notified of.
On mobile device, tap Samsung Gear → then tap on Notifications → then tap Manage notifications → then select only those apps you really wish to receive notifications on the Gear and Tap Done.
Additionally, if you turn on Limit notifications, it set the Gear to block notifications that are received when the mobile device’s screen is turned on.
*More handy tips for your Samsung Gear S2 are now available on Smart Simulator.
For more details, please click here.