How to Activate Galaxy Watch LTE (Hong-Kong version)?
※ Some procedures may differ from your device depending on the region, service provider, model specifications, or device’s software. For exact procedures, please check with your service provider or buying shop for more information.
Before you begin
- To activate Galaxy Watch LTE model, you need a phone with Android version 5.0 or later and RAM 1.5 GB or over / iPhone 5 or later with iOS version 9 or later (Compatible mobile device will be gradually expanded. For more information, please contact service provider).
- On your phone, go to [Settings] > [Connections] > [Bluetooth] and make sure that Bluetooth is on.
- Make sure that your phone is connected to Wi-Fi or a LTE/3G network.
- Make sure your Galaxy Watch is charged.
There are 2 ways to activate Galaxy Watch LTE.
A. To turn on your Galaxy Watch, press and hold the side lower button until you see the Samsung logo.
B. If your Galaxy Watch doesn’t turn on, please make sure your Galaxy Watch is charged.
A. If Galaxy Wearable application is not installed on your smartphone, you can download it from Samsung Apps or Google Play.
A. Bring Galaxy Watch closer to phone. Wait for the "Search the new Galaxy Watch" message to appear on your phone, then tap [Continue]. If you don't see this message, open the Galaxy Wearable app, then tap [Connect New Wearable].
B. Keep your Galaxy Watch and phone close together until you complete all steps.
A. Read the Terms and Conditions and check [Agree to all] or on each agreements, then tap [Next] to continue.
A. After Terms and Conditions agreement, network setup process will begin
B. Wait a few seconds while searching for mobile networks
C. Select activation method – Scan QR Code
A. Point the camera to QR code to scan it
Turn on camera
B. Check the Profile Policy Rules
Read profile metadata after entering valid code
C. Click [CONNECT] button
A. You can now receive and send calls / messages on Galaxy Watch using the same number of your phone.
B. If not, please contact your carrier for help.
A. Visit a carrier shop and subscribe to the carrier network
A. If Galaxy Wearable application is not installed on your phone, you can download it from Samsung Apps or Google Play.
Choose “Galaxy Watch” on the Samsung Wearable app to start setup
Confirm code to start pairing
※ Screens for automatic activation to a carrier network are shown on Galaxy Wearable application.
- The above product description is only applicable to the Galaxy Watch LTE (Hong-Kong version) released in year 2018.
- The above product description was updated in November 2018 and for reference only.
- Available watch model may vary by country.
- GUI of this feature is subject to change without prior notice.
- Images are for reference only.
- Internet connection, call and/or messaging features might not work properly due to environmental factors.
- All other products and services mentioned may belong to their respective trademark owners.
- Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this document and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change.