How to connect the Galaxy Watch3 to a mobile device
You can use various features after connecting your Galaxy Watch3 to your mobile device.
To connect your Galaxy Watch3 to a mobile device, install the Galaxy Wearable app on the mobile device.
Depending on your mobile device, you can download the Galaxy Wearable app from the following places:
• Samsung Android devices: Galaxy Store, Play Store
• Other Android devices: Play Store
Step 1. Turn on the Galaxy Watch3 and swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen. A screen will appear about downloading and installing the Galaxy Wearable app.
Step 2. Tap Language icon to select a language to use and follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 3. Launch the Galaxy Wearable app on your mobile device. If necessary, update the Galaxy Wearable app to the latest version.
Step 4. Tap Get started.
Step 5. Select your device on the screen. If you cannot find your device, tap Mine’s not here.
Step 6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection.
Connecting the Galaxy Watch to a new mobile device
When you connect the Galaxy Watch3 to your new mobile device, the Galaxy Watch3 will reset all data, except for media files and settings. When the prompt appears before connecting your Galaxy Watch3 to a new mobile device, tap Back up data to securely back up the stored data.
1. On the Apps screen, tap Setting → Connect to new phone → Continue.
The connection between your Galaxy Watch3 and your mobile device will end. After a light reset, it will automatically enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
2. On your new mobile device, launch Galaxy Wearable app to connect to your Galaxy Watch3.
If the mobile device you want to connect to is already connected to another device, launch Galaxy Wearable app on your mobile device and tap Menu (three line) → Add new device to connect with a new device.
When a Bluetooth connection is not available, you can remotely connect the Galaxy Watch3 to your mobile device by using your Samsung account via the mobile network or the Wi-Fi network. This allows you to continue receiving notifications from your mobile device.
If this feature is not turned on,
Step 1. launch the Galaxy Wearable app on your mobile device.
Step 2. Tap Home → Account and backup
Step 3. Tap the Remote connection switch to activate.
- You cannot install the Galaxy Wearable app on the mobile devices that do not support Galaxy Watch3 synchronization.
- Ensure that your mobile device is compatible with Galaxy Watch3.
- When using an iOS mobile device, launch the App Store app on the iPhone 5 or a later model, or a device that supports the iOS 9 or higher, and install the Galaxy Wearable app to connect with your Galaxy Watch3. Some features may not be available.
Please click the submit button below to share your feedback with us. Thank you for your participation.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.