Is the Gear S2 water and dust resistant?
Even though Gear S2 is classed as an “IP68” device, the device may be damaged if water or dust enters the device.
Follow these tips carefully to prevent damage to the device and to maintain the water- and dust-resistant performance of the device.
• Do not immerse the device in water deeper than 1.5 m and keep it submerged for more than 30 minutes.
• Do not immerse the device in water for extended periods.
• Do not expose the device to water moving with force, such as water running from a tap, ocean waves, or waterfalls.
• If the device is exposed to freshwater, dry it with a clean, soft cloth. If the device is exposed to any liquid other than freshwater, rinse the device with freshwater immediately and dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. Failure to rinse the device in freshwater and dry it as instructed may cause the device to suffer from operability or cosmetic issues.
• If the device is dropped or receives an impact, the water-and dust-resistant features of the device may be damaged.
• The touch screen and other features may not work properly if the device is used in water or in other liquids.
*More handy tips for your Samsung Gear S2 are now available on Smart Simulator.
For more details, please click here.