What is the Slim Film on Galaxy Fold (Hong-Kong version)’s Main Screen?
All Galaxy Fold devices come with a replaceable Protective Layer that is already applied to the screen of the phone. It’s a special protective layer to prevent main screen from being scratched or damaged.
The protective layer is a part of the display module that reduces the external impact on the main display and provides a similar display quality like initial level through replacement as quality of display surface is degraded by various scratches or damages.
Do not remove the layer. If you remove the layer, the Main screen will be damaged.
Do not attach any adhesives such as protectors or stickers. The protective layer may be detached from the Main screen when you remove the adhesives.
If scratches or compression marks or dents are shown on protective layer of your Galaxy Fold and you would like to replace this protective layer, please visit the Authorized Samsung Service Center and check whether you are eligible for warranty or not. Depending on the types of scratch or damage, replacement may not be covered by the warranty and additional costs for replacement may be incurred if the Protective Layer has been damaged due to customer’s negligence.
After replacement, do not remove the layer while using. If you remove the protective layer, the main screen will be damaged.
Do not attach any adhesives such as protectors or stickers.
- Medical and magnetic devices such an artificial cardiac pacemaker and a defibrillator may be sensitive to magnets. Do keep Galaxy Fold (the “Device”) a safe distance from them and consult your physician before you use the Device.
- Magnetic objects, such as credit cards, passbooks, access cards, boarding passes, or parking passes, may be damaged or disabled by the magnets in the Device. Keep a safe distance between the Device and magnetic objects. Do not place the Device near magnetic fields.
- When folding the Device, do not place any objects, such as cards, coins, or keys, on the screen. The screen may be damaged.
- The crease at the center of the main screen is the characteristic of new Polymer materials. The crease does not affect the display’s quality, lifespan and performance and will not hinder the experience while using the Device or viewing content.
- This document was updated in November 2019 and for reference only.
- Images are for reference only.
- All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this document and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification change.