What to do when the washing machine vibrates excessively?
This problem is usually caused by one of the following conditions,
● The unit is not levelled.
● Shipping bolts are not removed.
If washer is vibrating, do the following,
● Make sure the shipping bolts are removed.
● Make sure your washer is properly installed. Pay special attention to leveling, as it is crucial for minimizing vibration.
● Check the load amount. A severely under loaded or overloaded washer will vibrate excessively. If you are washing one pair of jeans, add a few additional items to create a balanced load. If your washer is overloaded, try to remove a few items to create a balanced load.
● Reposition the load. Sometimes the heavier items will bunch together and cause an unbalanced condition.
If your washer is set on a pedestal, it is very important that the washer places on its side only with the shipping bolts still installed to facilitate the installation. If your washer stands in any other position to facilitate the pedestal installation, it may cause vibration. Your washer is required help from the service center to remove vibration.
● Samsung washers use VRT® Technology (Vibration Reduction Technology). VRT® is a system that Samsung has developed to reduce high RPM vibrations drastically.
● With VRT®, when the washer spin cycle reaches approximately 400 RPM, it pauses and vibrates for a few moments. As it pauses and vibrates, it checks the load balance, and then the VRT® technology identifies the spot where the load is unbalanced. Once the washing machine "sees" the load is properly balanced, the spin cycle continues and ramps up to maximum RPM with minimal vibration.
● The short pause and vibration when the washer spin cycle reaches approximately 400 RPM is a normal.
● If the washer operates fine but vibrates, the leveling legs may have become loose. Check all 4 leveling leg locks. If the machine is leveled, the loose legs will cause a vibration issue.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9AM to 9PM
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .