Family Hub: Touch Control Panel not Turning On or Not Responding
The Touch Control Panel gets black or blank after a period of inactivity in order to save power. When it is in this state, it is designed to wake when any of the following occurs:
• Using the Auto Screen On function (if enabled)
• Touching anywhere on the screen, or one of the buttons
• Using the dispenser
• Opening the door
Note: If the refrigerator doors were recently removed, such as during installation, verify that all wiring has been reconnected properly. If the Touch Control Panel does not wake or respond to the touch, and remains blank, reset the Touch Control Panel.
Important: Do not unplug the refrigerator. Even if the Touch Control Panel is nonfunctional, the refrigerator will continue to operate using the most recent settings.
To reset the Touch Control Panel, perform the following:
• If the switch is pressed towards the line on the right side (see the image above), it is On.
• If the switch is already on, switch it off, wait 15 seconds, and switch it back on. The Samsung logo should appear on the Touch Control Panel as the system boots up.
• If the switch is off, switch it on. The Samsung logo should appear on the Touch Control Panel as the system boots up.
• If the Samsung logo does not appear after 15 seconds, repeat step 2.
• If after multiple attempts, the Touch Control Panel remains blank, and the refrigerator has power, service is required. Raise Online Service Request for Engineer Visit.
Raise online service request through Request Service option at Support -> Your Service (Top right of Page)