Galaxy Smartphone: Smart Switch for iOS 9 or Lower
Samsung Smart Switch lets you seamlessly transfer all your content from your old phone to your new one. Just find Smart Switch Mobile in the Play Store, and install the app on your new phone. If you're transferring content from an iOS® phone, the app must be installed only on the Android phone.
• The Smart Switch Mobile app only partially supports iCloud® backups made using iOS 9.
• If you created a backup using iOS 9, you will be able to transfer your Contacts, Calendar, Photos, and Videos only.
• To transfer your remaining content, please connect to your old phone using an OTG cable or Smart Switch for PC/Mac®.
This process assumes you are already registered on iCloud and are using it to back up your iOS phone. If you are not familiar with using iCloud, visit the iCloud setup site. If you don't have an iCloud account, you can transfer your content using a Micro USB to USB adapter or Samsung Smart Switch for PC/Mac®.
To make sure all of your latest content is ready for transfer, first you'll need to back up your iOS phone. We'll walk you through it:
iTunes music and videos cannot be transferred from iCloud. Use Smart Switch for PC or Mac to transfer iTunes music. iTunes videos are encrypted and cannot be transferred.
1. On your iOS phone, navigate to Settings > iCloud.
2. Swipe to and touch Backup now.
Transfer Content from iCloud Backup
Now you're ready to transfer all your content from your iCloud backup to your new phone. Let's get started:
1. Open Smart Switch on the new phone, and then touch WIRELESS.
2. Touch RECEIVE, and then select iOS.
3. Enter your Apple ID and password, and then touch SIGN IN.
4. Select the basic content you want to transfer, and then touch IMPORT.
5. Select additional content you want to transfer and then touch IMPORT.
This is the quickest and most comprehensive way to move content between the phones. If you want to perform the transfer yourself, you will need to purchase a Micro USB to USB adapter. Here are the DIY instructions:
In addition to the phones, you will need to have the following to perform a wired transfer:
• iOS cable: This is the cable that came with your iOS phone. One end connects to your phone, the other end connects to a USB connection.
• Micro USB to USB adapter (OTG cable): Connect one end of the adapter into your new Galaxy phone, then connect the USB connector of the iOS cable into the other end of the adapter. If you need an adapter, you may purchase one on Samsung.com.
Transfer Content via USB Cable
Get those files transferred in a flash with a USB cable.
If there is a large amount of data to be transferred, use the Wi-Fi transfer method in order to keep both phones charged during the transfer.
1. Open Smart Switch on both phones and select USB CABLE.
2. Connect the two phones using the old phone's USB cable and the USB-OTG adapter that came with your new phone.
3. Touch Trust on the iOS device.
4. Touch NEXT on the new phone.
5. Select the content you want to transfer and then touch TRANSFER.
6. Your content will be transferred.