How to test my pedometer's basic performance ?
Check the updated step count result for the continuous 50 steps on a long enough trajectory
• Please walk naturally without looking at the Galaxy watch.
• When the user walks while watching the device, the acceleration signal can be attenuated because the shoulder, elbow and wrist plays like a low pass filter in order to recognize the displayed contents on the device well.
• When the user turns around against the wall or at end of the room, this is not an appropriate test method because of these movement make attenuation of the sensor signal.
• When the user shakes the device in hand, Actually, this is not walking motion. This test method could not guarantee the step detection accuracy.
• If the sensor signal attenuation cause missing steps frequently, step count might not be updated by the initial step count condition.
So, the continuous 50 steps test is needed to reduce the uncertainty of the test.
If the number of steps is not recognized correctly after 50 steps, Contact a Samsung Service Center for service support.